nervous newbie

Options
hi im jon. 26 and I live with my fiance hannah and our beautiful 9 month old son. My partner is also on here :D i have never really struggled with my wait till i settled in with oh and now i eat for fun (her fault) haha. I hope to make some new friends here as not only am I knew to this site, I am also new to my area

Replies

• Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Good luck on your Journey.. I have just joined the boards as well today..
  • Kytana
    Kytana Posts: 63
    Options
    I'm a relative newcomer, and have nothing but praise for the people and the tools on this site. Feel free (you and Hannah) to add me, and we can encourage each other!

You'll find lots of great tips and encouragement out here.
  • sweetness48
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on here about a month and I love it! Everyone is SO supportive!!
  • rock_1206
    rock_1206 Posts: 33
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Dont be nervous, you will do just fine. Lost of support and motivation available on here, that what I love about the site. Feel free to add me as a friend, Cheers and Good luck. :)
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been here since February and it's proven to be the best decision I've made besides getting healthy.
  • Zoeysnanny
    Options
    Welcome I am new too but feel like it has been a godsend to me. I am able to read how successful other people have been and realize it can be done. I love the features on the website and on my mobile phone.

Good Luck
    Zoeys Nanny
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Hey there, don't be nervous, you're in good company! I love to encourage others so feel free to add me if you want :)
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on taking this step! You will love MFP. I credit alot of my weight loss to MFP! You should check out the message boards and join the challenges. That really helps motivate me. I love the people on here. Nothing like being with a group of people that can relate to struggling with weight issues.

Barb
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    If you take it seriously this website will really help you. I'm on my second week here and so far lost 3 lbs all in the first week. It's about training your brain and tummy to eat less and the right foods. I'm super picky and not a health nut. And still I've managed to eat most of the same foods I always eat just less, also I've added more carrots and tomatoes to my diet. When you type in something unhealthy for you and can actually see the damage it really helps. Good luck.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I joined earlier in the week and have already lost 1 lb.....very little but it made me smile while standing on the scale! I definitely need some ideas and motivation after a long winter being stuck in the house w/ 3 kids....I gained 10 lbs this winter! I'm looking forward to getting out and taking long walks while tracking my food. Good luck to everyone who is also struggling to lose weight!
    Kim
  • barbleit
    barbleit Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is an easy site to navigate, just stick with it and you will see(and feel) results.Good Luck!!!
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    There is no reason to be nervous. It is something that every single person on here has went through and is still going through. We are here to support each other. Welcome.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome, I am also new :)