250 + lbs lost.....

Options
jkestens63
jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
I have lost a lot of weight. I started 4/28/2008. When I started:

1. Had terrible infections in my legs for over 2 years from lymphedema. Because of them I had numerous & lengthy hospital stays; had to give up a job I loved and had held for 12 years; had to move out of my apartment and in with family since I had no income and needed help caring for my legs.
2. Could not go to the movies anymore because could not fit in the seats. Shopping only in stores that had the scooters. Couldn't buy clothes in a store, always had to buy on-line for supersized women. Restaurants only if they had tables & chairs because I couldn't fit into the booths. Basically had to stop driving because I couldn't fit into my car anymore, especially with my thighs in the way, couldn't shift (manual transmission).
3. Could not walk to the end of the driveway to retrieve the mail. Fell one day and almost called an ambulance because I didn't think I could get back up.
4. Bottom line - was going to die very young if I didn't change, I am sure of that.

Diet, exercise, dedication. That's what it took. It wasn't easy. But now I am in size 10 pants. I have eliminated all but one of 18 medications. I have more energy than I know what to do with. I am an admitted gym rat - I love to work out. And I am a happy & healthy woman.

Now there aren't alot of photos of me pre-weight loss. My profice picture was taken last summer and I've lost 29 lbs since then. But I added to my profile 2 "before" pics. I don't know how to post them here but if you are interested look in my profile ... its the last of the batch and they look like two together.

This is a tough journey but we all can do it if we want it bad enough.

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    very inspiring!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I am impressed! I only had 30 lbs to loose and that was hard. You are, I am sure, extremely proud. I would be.
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    oh my god!! you have just inspired me
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! So proud of you for changing your life :) Keep up the great work!
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You are awesome - a true inspiration!! Now I have a question for you - are you considering or have you had skin reduction surgery? I am so discouraged by the excess skin. I could wear at least one size smaller, maybe two, if I didn't have all this extra skin on my arms and legs.
  • muriah2
    muriah2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You give me such hope!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    wow!!!! got a little emotional reading this:)) You are awesome and an inspiration to us all. Good work!!! You have beat the odds girlfriend:)) Keep it up!!!
  • LadyT02182011
    Options
    Awesome!
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    That truly is such a testimony of what our body is able to handle in the first place, how able it is to adapt, how amazingly dedicated and focused you must be, how much self healing we can do and how strong your mind has become to force your body to do what you want. Next time I feel like some self pity for still having not feeling as fit as I would like I shall remember you and your journey.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I am an admitted gym rat - I love to work out.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

so funny!!!! I love it!!!! Good for you!!!!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations on the results of so much hard work! So impressive and inspirational!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Tears in my eyes. Thank you for posting.
  • Bryce58
    Bryce58 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Determination!
  • bobbie1984
    Options
    wow that amazing thats just so amazing. @ my heaviest i was 410lbs now im 365 and working on going down ur story is so inspiring!! just the other day i was thinking man this is gonna take forever to get down to the weight that i should be , and ive wanted to give up so many times. But ive had amazing help from my boyfriend which is the only reason why ive kept going. See everyone in my family is big and ive been big all my life so this is normal for me. But ya thanks for the inspiration imma keep going and going and going :smile:
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    You are wonder woman!!! Your story is amazing! :)
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Amazing testimony, thx for sharing. Congrats on ur accomplishments and keep up the great work, U ROCK !!!!!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!!! great job!!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Wow, congratulations! You have done such a great job!
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    Spectacular! You look amazing and proof that it can be done. Hard work and dedication.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!