what do you do at work??

Options
305muscle
305muscle Posts: 97 Member
Just Eating?!! I read plenty of times people complaining that they eat too much junk at work and are or have gotten Fat. I wanna know where in the world Do you work that all this food is laying around. And Where are the bosses that let you eat all day during work hours ? I say that's why the economy is So F up people are eating instead of paying attention to their duties. Ok maybe that's not why lol but I'm just Saying

Replies

• Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I gained my weight from traveling so much for work....when you fly to 3-4 different cities in one week, your food options aren't always the best and not having a regular schedule for eating lead to binging...not knowing when the next meal would occur. Also- when there are meetings and it's catered, the organizer is not always thinking of the healthiest options. No excuse but provides some background.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I am a potato chip taster.
  • TurtlesRule
    Options
    It's me and another agent here at a local Insurance Office my boss visits once a month we are here 45 hours a week "waiting for customers to come in" BORING!!!! The topic of the day is what's for breakfast/lunch?? We literally sit and stare at the door on a good day we get 3 customers which take about 5-20minutes to help while sitting. :yawn:
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

lmao!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Perhaps people are in jobs where they aren't totally happy? A lot of people find a little bit of *happy* or *solace* in food- therefore they eat. Just a thought? I mean how long does it take to chow down a donut??
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I work at a law firm and they have meetings with food, and after the meeting someone sends out an email saying "leftover food in the breakroom", then its "SWARM SWARM" (Seinifeld joke!) to the breakroom. Today it was leftover Olive Garden lasagna and salad, I did not have any, since I was hoping it was leftover subs and I could snag some protein!!
    I do have a full drawer of candy at my desk for my two bosses. I hardly touch it, but maybe because I am not a sweets eater.
    My work is pretty health-concous. We did a Biggest Loser contest, snacks given are usually healthy but the lunches, not so much. I graze at my desk all day long on carrots, hummus, water, and that is enough for me.
  • craftylatvian
    Options

LOL!!!!!!!! I am too, but don't keep any around anymore.
  • Evarell
    Evarell Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I telecommute. My kitchen is 20' from my desk. :ohwell:
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    i work at a refinery and there is constantly food everywhere. people having candy dishes, BBQing for lunch. today i got three lunches handed to me... different lunches
  • Nbean24
    Nbean24 Posts: 14
    Options
    One of the partners in my office has brought in 2 to 3 boxes of girl scout cookies A DAY for the past 4 weeks. Apparently she has a little girl that lives down the street that she can't say no to....so the rest of us have to suffer.

I also agree with Nomomush on the traveling thing - I used to travel a lot on business. Sometimes we would work 18+ hour days for several weeks at a shot. When you're one of 18 people on the team - it's hard to convince everyone that pizza is not the way to go.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    I work in the accounting office of a car dealership and often the guys that work there think that they can "soften" us up by giving us food....don't know but it does work for a lot of them in the office! LOL!!
  • cha36jennings
    cha36jennings Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well I'm an academic and my average day is spent in my office either meeting with students or marking assignments. Academics have no set lunch break and very rarely have any coffee breaks. Obviously this only happens during term time. But as a result the only time we get to get is when we have to walk to a meeting etc (lunch on the run).
    Unfortunately, this means most people who have similar working lifestyle, often reach for the easier snack that will help them through the day (usually junk food). Its a quick fix and it leads to weight gain.
    Soon I will no longer be working up to 16 hours a day and hopefully I can start to train my self into taking healthier snacks/meals to work......I know I will still have 'lunch on the run' but I hope it will be a healthier one!.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Just Eating?!! I read plenty of times people complaining that they eat too much junk at work and are or have gotten Fat. I wanna know where in the world Do you work that all this food is laying around. And Where are the bosses that let you eat all day during work hours ? I say that's why the economy is So F up people are eating instead of paying attention to their duties. Ok maybe that's not why lol but I'm just Saying

^^5 ! I can relate to that...maybe because I have always been in a supervisory capacity. I NEVER eat at work, except during lunch time, I drink a lot of water/coffee/tea.You know what is said and I have found it to be true 20% of the workforce does 80% of the work>>That is Soooo true and I am one of the 20%, no wonder I don't know where the "candy" jar is.
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'm a nurse and so many patients give us food or coworkers bring in leftovers or on night shift people bring in snacks for each other. tbh i don't eat at work since i don't like eating in front of others
  • craftylatvian
    Options
    I work in the accounting office of a car dealership and often the guys that work there think that they can "soften" us up by giving us food....don't know but it does work for a lot of them in the office! LOL!!

"Soften" you up in a bad way by giving you food!!
  • boyslie72487
    boyslie72487 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I work as a bank teller, so it's a lot of sitting and waiting for customers. I worked in retail for almost 4 years where I was constantly on my feet, running around, to sitting... Not nessisarily eating more, but when you go from being active 40 hrs a week to sitting 40 hrs a week, I think your metabolism starts to slow. Damn work! :tongue:
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I surf the web. Luckily that doesn't leave much time for snacking.
  • zoecas2125
    zoecas2125 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I must say, I'm very blessed to live in the Bay Area. And for the most part, people around here tend to live a healthy, outdoor's and Organic lifestyle. I work with Foster Kids for a living. It's a hard and an emotionally challenging job. But I must say, my co-workers are very healthy. A lot of people around me work out and eat healthy.

I also stack my desk with healthy food. And if I know I'm going to be out in the field working, I put healthy snacks in my purse. That's helps me from buying junk food because It's fast.

5093613.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • FitToFab
    FitToFab Posts: 47
    Options
    I agree people let them$elfs get bored and eat without thinkin, I take my food and snacks , and if Im out and need fast food I get healthy er choices. Peer pressure is never good. sometimes being the odd ball looks sexy. and happy...
    Cmon no excuses people
  • RyanFiscus
    RyanFiscus Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm a Professional Cheese Monger, so naturally I've grown to the size of small house. Just kidding! Pretty physical at work and it turns out to be one the best places to limit food intake.