always over in sugar!

Options
everyday! im ALWAYS in the red! i heard sugar is the main reason for weight gain, so i try not to eat the processed sort. i know there are lots in fruit and veg, but what about oatmeal?? MFP has set my sugar limit for 25, but my breakfast oatmeal comes down to 16, plus a fuji apple (25) and i am already well over after breakfast! should i try to cut this down or ignore it?

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    My trainer told me to stick to around 40g per day. She said that if some of that comes from fruit that is even better. I would not worry so much about the fruit sugars as they are natural and process in the body different. As well sugar that you eat with protein and fiber processes much different in your body.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm over too most days. Mostly due to fruit. I don't worry about it too much.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You can even have too much fruit. Eat some fresh veggies instead.
  • Rubino469
    Rubino469 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am always over in my sugar as well but I look at this way I am still losing weight every week so I don't worry over it to much :happy:
  • rachelowow
    Options
    how do you see how many sugars you are allowed mine doesn't say it??
  • dls06
    Options

Mine doesn't either
  • dls06
    Options

Found it! Go to settings/ then - Diary settings/ you can put the things you want to show on your diary. add sugar
  • dls06
    Options
    OMG I just found the sugar log and added it to my diary. I'm over and I didn't have dinner yet! I didn't even have any fruit today!
    Guess I'm going to start all over.
  • dls06
    Options
    You can even have too much fruit. Eat some fresh veggies instead.

Sorry about this one.
  • jess2308
    jess2308 Posts: 40
    Options
    haha yea it really is annoying! so i'll try not to worry about it too much, just hope its not the cause of my plateau right now.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    everyday! im ALWAYS in the red! i heard sugar is the main reason for weight gain, so i try not to eat the processed sort. i know there are lots in fruit and veg, but what about oatmeal?? MFP has set my sugar limit for 25, but my breakfast oatmeal comes down to 16, plus a fuji apple (25) and i am already well over after breakfast! should i try to cut this down or ignore it?

I would try the weight control, reduced sugar or sugar free oatmeal varieties.
  • jess2308
    Options
    i use steel cut ones, therefore not sure why the sugar content is so high
  • gvsccr
    gvsccr Posts: 9
    Options
    im always over on sugar, but hasnt affected my weight loss at all
  • dls06
    Options
    im always over on sugar, but hasnt affected my weight loss at all

I just found the sugar log. I think I'm just going to pretend I never saw it.
    I have lost all the weight I wanted but never seen the sugar before.
    I thought I was doing sooooo good. Now I'm going to be obsessed with it.
    I just don't know where else to cut.
    Like I said maybe I'll just pretend I never saw it. LOL
  • dls06
    Options
    I am always over in my sugar as well but I look at this way I am still losing weight every week so I don't worry over it to much :happy:

I'm with you!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    i use steel cut ones, therefore not sure why the sugar content is so high

That is weird. Maybe look for another brand on myfitnesspal. I don't think most oats have 16 grams of sugar.
  • jess2308
    Options
    its scotts porage oats if anyone knows it... i think MFP have got the sugar content wrong, when i looked at the packet its 0.4g of sugar, but with semi skimmed milk its 14g... didnt know milk had that much sugar! oh well at least its all the natural kind