Feeling kinda disappointed.

Options
Feeling somewhat disappointed in myself the past couple weeks. I've put a couple of pounds back on, but i wasn't eating anything out of the usual that i wouldnt normally have eaten. I mean i may have indulged once or twice, (for instance french toast and eggs last weekend for breakfast, 1 slice of pizza and munchies at midnight last night) But 99.9% of the time i'm always cautious of my choices and i always portion. i mean this is weird. and makes me angry/sad/ obviously disappointed. and it makes me want to restrict. which i know is bad.

but on the plus it opens my eyes and tells me i really have to keep watching what im consuming and perhaps makes some alterations (Pretzles...). And before running right to the next thing to put in my mouth to eat, i should wait a few mins to allow myself to feel full, cause that was my downfall today. (Sandwich, yogurt, rice cakes, granola...) *Considering opening my diary for opinions :/ not sure yet tho*

And now some background...this time a year ago i was in the same predicament and i don't want a repeat of last summer. During the semester, i was eating decent, working out 2 hours everyday (which i still do don't think i've slacked on that!) When the semester ended and i picked up more hours at work again, i decided i wanted to sleep in and cut back on the gym since work was wearing me down, and just eat whatever. Well let me tell you how i put on an easy 20lbs... so disappointing and awful. Took me months to get it off! I am so terrified that it'll happen again this year, but at the same time in my mind... im telling myself "No, you cannot go through this again. You will not let yourself go through this again... this time its different."

I Love MFP and thank goodness that i found it, because i religiously & truthfully log every day. I even have the app on my phone and even purchased an android phone solely for that purpose... hahahah best decision of my life! (Next to kicking my ex's *kitten* out to the curb with the rest of the garbage....hahah"

just thought i'd put this out here, cause finally there's peoople that actually understand.
Much love MFP & thank you <3
-Kelly.

Replies

• 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Keep at it Kelly...we ALL (well I'm assuming MOST) have our ups and downs...just make it more ups and in the long run you'll have lost weight. I agree MFP is the best way to keep track of what goes into the mouth...just remember to be truthful and it will be fine!! Thanks for sharing :happy:
  • jimstofer
    Options
    The other thing to keep in mind is the sodium content in what you eat. Even when I haven't eaten all my calories, it's impossible to not go over the recommended sodium mg's. Pizza and other "bad" foods that, I'm sorry, you should be able to have once or twice a week are loaded and that means water!

If the picture you have posted is recent, you look great!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your food diary I can't know what your eating and exercise habits are. But, I can pretty much guarantee that your gain is water weight. If you've eaten more sodium than normal or if your period is close it's not unusual to gain a few pounds of water weight.
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I feel EXACTLY the same way...
  • aghall
    aghall Posts: 25
    Options
    I hear ya. I have'nt done great this week :( weigh in tomorrow and i really don't wanna! i have been wanting to snack more, i have been trying to stay within my calories for the day, i have'nt been very motivated this week as far as exercising this week. I gotta get back on track. and i know i will, just hoping that happens before i gain! good luck to you
  • aghall
    aghall Posts: 25
    Options
    Well much to my surprise i weighed in this morning and did'nt gain any! :) I gotta do better this week with my exercising though. I am at the weight i want to be and now i need to make sure i stay there. But, was going to try for a loss of five more pounds, so i gotta get motivated to do that. :)