Gonna take my place in the sun!

Options
Hello everyone! This has been my first 5 days using MFP and I couldn't be more excited. Everyone seems so upbeat and friendly and most of all, encouraging :)

My story - I've always been the chubby kid all the way back to about 3rd grade. Even when I was doing sports year round in middle school and high school it didn't matter. But that was because my food intake never changed. Fast forward to college when my parents' restrictions on diet became invalid and that's where I really let myself go (and it doesn't help that I lead a very sedentary lifestyle either).

I've been struggling for so many years with my health, but it wasn't until just this past weekend that I finally said "enough is enough! take care of YOU!" and made the mental change. I'd love to build up a support group on here with others who are on the same path to recovery.

I'm Ashley, 28 years old, 263 lbs, and finally awake. <3

Replies

• Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I'm so glad you have decided to change your thought process and get healthy for you!! Feel free to add me if you want more support :flowerforyou:
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    you can do it! i started around that weight i have dropped thirty before MFP so now got to start on the rest. Yeah same as you i was thick all my life and i did sports too
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Ashley is an awesome woman and friend of mine!!! <3 So glad you joined and we can experience this together! :)
  • SaraCakes1
    Options
    Welcome! MFP has been a great experience for me I've lost 6lbs so far just by using MFP and the people are great! Good Luck!
  • thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using MFP for just over 25 days now. Have lost 11 lbs and 8 inches. Honestly it is the easiest thing I have ever done! Best of luck. Adding you as a friend. Deb
  • ashiesmash
    ashiesmash Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and kind words everyone :) And for the friend adds :D This is going to be such an amazing journey.:flowerforyou: