on 5th day of commitment and i flunked :(

Options
I have made a comment to 5 days of being honest and healthy, and cardio of 45 minutes. i am on day 5 and i ate a cinnamon bun. people say give yourself slack and just have a little bit of what you are quitting. but i chose to be strong and not have it :)
So basically ive relapsed and had to confess.

Replies

• losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Thats okay!!! Just commit to another 5 days!!!
  • pchann
    pchann Posts: 84
    Options
    Lol your grounded!!! :)
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Well, it's good that you are being accountable. But don't beat yourself up... just go for a walk or do a little exercise to counteract that cinnamon bun. If you can't, still don't beat yourself up... you've had 4 really good days! :happy:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Lol your grounded!!! :)
    \
    hahahahaha!

OP, don't sweat it. Just move forward!
  • princessmedic
    Options
    Its not that you can't have a cinnamon bun! Its that you can't have one every day. Everything in moderation. Its ok!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Wipe the icing from your face, and just keep going!! Those are successful are those who just keep on going no matter what. :flowerforyou:
  • menchi
    menchi Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm terrible at keeping myself disciplined. That said, it's super hard to just quit the bad stuff. On the other hand, I can be fooled into being disciplined if I gradually have less of the bad stuff. For example, I used to have coffee in the form of starbucks mocha fraps, whipped cream and everything :noway:. Over the years I've converted to regular coffee, then cut out the sugar, and recently I am learning to have less cream or completely black coffee. I couldn't have possibly gone straight from mocha frap.

So what I'm trying to say is that you might see better success if you ease into it, and don't be too hard on yourself-- tomorrow is a new day.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't beat yourself up, we can do that for you. hehe

Still though, I've had about everything I've eaten before starting MFP as I have before. The difference, not in the same quantities. A cinnamon bun is no big deal. Remember exercise is the great equalizer.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This is learning process. How can you learn if you don't flub up a little here and there? Keep at it, and you will keep learning!