jeans?

Options
Hey everyone,

I have always had a problem fitting into jeans. Not bc I am big but I have very skinny legs and a gut. So when I wear them, they are baggy on my legs and tight tight tight on my waist. I went from 145-130 lbs and want a new pair of jeans. Where do you all get your jeans? I dont want skinny jeans, just regular boot cut that make me look skinny and fit EVERYWHERE.

Thanks!

Replies

• chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Express. They are more expensive, but they fit me really well. I'm a little short, so I have to hem them but I like them.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I just picked up a couple of pairs at Old Navy. I'm still losing weight so I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on jeans that will only fit for a few months. They had about 5 different types of boot cut jeans there.

When I was at my goal weight, I had very good luck at J.Crew and GAP and sometimes Old Navy. My problem is that 'regular' length jeans become too short with repeated washings (even when line-dryed) but Long jeans are long enough that I have to wear them with heels or boots. I'm right in the middle there between the two lengths. However, Long jeans are much deeper in the rise, so they may work for the 'tummy' issue if you are willing to pay to have them hemmed.
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    If you feel like splurging, go to Lucky Jeans. My fave pair (now too big...sadface) is from there. BUT, I just bought a pair from Gap that I really like. They're the "straight fit" or somesuch, and are pretty comfortable. They flair slightly at the bottom to me, but this is coming from someone who was a skinny jean addict. Both of these stores are in the "jeans" business-- i.e., you'll find a large variety of fits and washes. Good luck!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I love American Eagle's jeans! They're bootcut jeans are fantastic!
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    Silver jeans do it for me.
  • Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to this question, but had to comment because as I was reading your post, the add on the screen was for "Butt Lift Jeans"! LOL How's that for Irony!

Jeans are always hard to find regardless of where you go (even as a guy). Designer jeans aren't any better than generic.

Personally, I go to Warehouse One, Bootlegger or Lammle's (Western Store) so something like that might have a variety.

Keep shopping til you find a place that works for you. :-)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I spend a lot of money on jeans because I am a bit of a label *kitten*, but my friend absolutely LOVES Gap jeans.
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue and find that I'm most comfortable in Ann Taylor jeans. The pair I wear most often are called "modern slim"
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I am built kind of like you...always had a little bit of a stomach with thinner legs.

I always wore citizens for humanity, paige, and true religion jeans. I think they sit low on your hips so its not all up by your stomach. Also, I think they are made for people with smaller legs and hips.

I am 127 right now, and I wear a 26 in those brands. They are definately pricey, but I have been lucky finding them at consignment stores (nicer ones) for like $35 used. When I reach my goal of 120, I will invest in two pairs on new ones.
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Fashion Bug has jeans made for different shapes like curvy or straight. They come in all styles and colors, too. They aren't too expensive either. Check them out online.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Check on Ebay you can find great deals there.
  • crewellademel
    crewellademel Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Victoria Secrets jeans fit well and I like GAP.:flowerforyou:
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Rock and republic... I loveee
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    I found these posts interesting, but I'm not nearly ready to purchase good jeans. The other day, I found to pair at a consignment shop that fit for now. And, guess what? They're men's jeans. I'm built a little like you--with the thin legs and big hips and stomach. However, I have long legs-longer than they ought to be for my height. For a while, I guess I'll be shopping at consignment and second hand stores. But, when I get down to my goal weight then I'll splurge.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Wow. Thank you all for your responses. I am going to try to lose a few more lbs and try out some places. Thank you!
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    The Buckle. Again, fairly expensive, but they are very well made and they hem for free.
  • waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    The Buckle. Again, fairly expensive, but they are very well made and they hem for free.

I actually bought my first pair of jeans from them right before I lost weight. Stupid idea since I lost weight. I may try Express or Gap.
  • LeahBeah12
    LeahBeah12 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The pair of jeans I love right now are the LC brand from Kohls. I also like jeans from Express, Maurices (their own line: they have short and long and are only $30), Old Navy, and Guess.