Need recipes with wonton wrappers

Options
They are about to go out of date. I bought them for the hungry girl lasagna cupcakes (yuck), so now I need another idea for the rest of them. Help me please, I hate to waste groceries.

Replies

• jodimitchell
    jodimitchell Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    bump... someone posted a desert using these the other day...im hoping they see this and repost it. :)
  • kvinet
    kvinet Posts: 1
    Options
    WONTON SOUP

Ingredients
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon minced garlic
    2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
    1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, plus 3 tablespoons finely chopped
    10 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
    1/2 pound ground Turkey
    1 egg yolk
    2 teaspoons soy sauce
    1 teaspoon fish sauce
    1 1/2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
    1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    About 30 wonton wrappers, thawed if frozen
    1 1/2 cups thinly sliced bok choy
    1/2 cup sliced shiitake mushroom caps
    1/4 cup sliced bamboo shoots

Directions
    In a large saucepan or soup pot heat the oil over medium high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon of the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the 1/4 cup of sliced scallions and the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low so that the broth just simmers. Allow broth to simmer for at least 20 to 30 minutes while the wontons are being assembled.

In a small mixing bowl combine the remaining teaspoon of minced garlic, remaining tablespoon of chopped ginger, 3 tablespoons of finely chopped scallions, the pork, egg yolk, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, fish sauce, sesame oil and crushed red pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.

Working on a flat work surface, lay out a few of the wontons. (Keep remaining wonton wrappers covered with plastic wrap.) Fill a small bowl partially with cool water and set aside. Using a teaspoon measure, place a heaping teaspoonful of the meat filling in the center of each wonton. Using your fingers, lightly wet the edges of the wonton. Bring 2 opposite corners of the wonton together to form a triangle and enclose the filling, pressing edges firmly around the mound of filling to eliminate any air pockets and seal. Moisten opposite corners of the long side. Curl moistened corners toward each other, overlapping one on top of the other, and press the edges together to seal. You should now have a rounded stuffed wonton with a triangle poking up at the top. Assemble the remaining wontons in the same manner. When the wontons are all assembled, set aside.
    Add the sliced bok choy, mushrooms, and bamboo shoots to the broth and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Using your hands or a slotted spoon, gently add the prepared wontons to the simmering broth. Increase the heat slightly so that the broth returns to a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally (very gently), until the wontons float and the pork filling is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.

OR--- Freeze the wontons and use them as you please!
  • jpw430
    jpw430 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Found this at the Kraft Foods website yesterday.
    24 servings

What You Need
    24 won ton wrappers
    1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, finely chopped
    1 cup KRAFT Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
    1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, squeezed dry
    1/3 cup KRAFT Mayo with Olive Oil Reduced Fat Mayonnaise
    1/3 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
    1/4 cup finely chopped red peppers
    2 cloves garlic, minced

Make It
    HEAT oven to 350°F.

PLACE 1 won ton wrapper in each of 24 mini muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray, with edges of wrapper extending over top of cup. Bake 5 min. Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients.

SPOON artichoke mixture into won ton cups.

BAKE 12 to 14 min. or until filling is heated through and edges of cups are golden brown.

nutritional information per serving

Calories 60 Total fat 2.5 g Saturated fat 1 g Cholesterol 5 mg Sodium 160 mg Carbohydrate 7 g Dietary fiber 1 g Sugars 0 g Protein 3 g Vitamin A 15 %DV Vitamin C 4 %DV Calcium 8 %DV Iron 4 %DV
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I fill them with banana chunks and mini chocolate chips, wrap them up and bake them until golden and crispy. Quick and tasty snack!
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    If you are anything like me, you have to have something sweet at the end of the day. It doesn't take much to satisfy my sweet tooth, but it always has to be a bite of heaven to end the evening.

I made these last night, and let me tell you...a bite of heaven doesn't even describe the awesomeness. nom. One of these suckers was plenty to make me happy, but I had two because I made two and I couldn't allow the lonely little wonton to sit there uneaten, so I ate it.

Warning - Only make as many as you want to eat. Otherwise, if you make more...you will eat more. You have been warned.

1 wonton wrapper - 20 calories
    1 teaspoon Nutella - 33 calories
    1 slice banana - 7 calories (I am guessing, but it can't be more lol)

1 Nutella/Banana Wonton - 60 calories & a smile

You will need:

Wonton Wrappers
    Nutella
    Sliced Bananas
    1 Egg, beaten
    PAM Spray

Directions:

* Place Wonton wrapper on a flat surface
    * Add one teaspoon of heaven, I mean Nutella in the middle
    * Lick spoon (don't act like you are not going to lick the spoon
    * Place the banana slice on top

Just copied this from a recent post..its not mine!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just made this tonight for dinner:

8 won ton wrappers
    2 slices of Sargento reduced fat provolone cheese, quartered
    16 slices of Armour turkey pepperoni

lay out a wonton wrapper in a diamond shape. Put down 1/4 of a slice of cheese in the middle. Place to two pepperonis side by side in the middle. use water to wet the top edges of the diamond and roll up from the bottom. Place on a baking sheet that is lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 425 for about 8 minutes, turn over and bake for about 3 or 4 more... until they are nice and golden brown

Delicious and 42 calories each. I dipped mine in some pizza sauce.

also something I do is take one wedge of laughing cow light (I prefer the tomato, my boyfriend prefers the garlic and herb) and put 1/4 of the wedge into the wrapper. Fold it up and bake them at about 400 until they are crispy. So tasty.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Make ravioli out of them.
  • almarsala
    almarsala Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tried the wonton nutella banana dessert with strawberries and it was amazing! I'm going to have them with raspberries next time. Definitely try them!
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    once i made ground turkey with taco seasonings.

I put the wrappers into a muffin pan and cooked them crisp in the oven.

Place the taco meat into the wrapper and topt with salsa and a bit of cheese... like little taco cups.

I enjoyed them.