wendys

Options
Would selecting a small wendy's chili for dinner be considered a good choice?

Replies

• greeneyedgirl
    Options
    Would selecting a small wendy's chili for dinner be considered a good choice?
  • lauren85
    Options
    its fast food and its still loaded with fat and calories
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the calorie count, but great amount of protein! I love it! Check what it says nutritionally. it's got fiber too, low on carbs I would think. I'd choose chili as a food for sure. bit then again my butts fat so what would I know.:laugh:
  • kendallalissa
    Options
    Well, it's only 190 cals for their small size chili, but the sodium is 1100!!! That's pretty normal though with soup. I say as long as you plan accordingly with the rest of your day, it's fine. I never get soup at restaurants though, just because of the sodium contents. I make it at home, because I can put in what I know is lower in sodium. But that's just me. Wendy's chili tastes so good though!
  • PurdyMommy
    PurdyMommy Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I just looked on the food list and it is.....

190calories
    19g carbs
    6g fat
    14g protien
    830mg sodium
    40mg or cholesterol
    6g of sugar...

DO YOU THINK ITS WORTH IT?

I know Chilli always will have alot of Sodium but try making your own chilli full of veggies.... Corn, tomatoes, beans, onions carots whatever you like?
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I always get the small chili when we go to wendy's we gat the grilled chicken wrap to go with no sauce and no cheese as well they are really good too.
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I love Wendy's chili!!!!!!!! It's high sodium but one of the healthier options they offer.
  • arjames82
    Options
    I love Wendy's chilli. It's very filling, and the calories and fat are not too high for me. I don't count sodium, so that's not generally a concern for me. I'm on a high protein diet, so the protein count is also a plus.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I think that's a good choice. It's not like you're doing this everday. Enjoy:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    It's a great choice. I always get the small chili with a side salad at Wendy's. I sometimes dump the chili over the salad and eat them together or eat the salad with some fat free dressing on the side. Either way it is a ton of food for very few calories and extremely satisfying and filling. I consider it one of the best fast food options.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    maybe get a salad with it? it's just not that much food... wouldn't satisfy me :ohwell:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options

190calories
    19g carbs
    6g fat
    14g protien
    830mg sodium
    40mg or cholesterol
    6g of sugar...

I know Chilli always will have alot of Sodium but try making your own chilli full of veggies.... Corn, tomatoes, beans, onions carots whatever you like?

Geessh--where are the carbs coming from in that? has it got beans I guess?

For me, no way would it be worth it. I make my own chili using ground turkey--great stuff!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    It's actually a very good choice. It has 190 calories for a small and is very high in fiber and protein due to the kidney beans. As a fast food choice, it's one of the best.
  • arjames82
    Options

190calories
    19g carbs
    6g fat
    14g protien
    830mg sodium
    40mg or cholesterol
    6g of sugar...

Geessh--where are the carbs coming from in that? has it got beans I guess?

For me, no way would it be worth it. I make my own chili using ground turkey--great stuff!

The carbs also come from the tomato sauce. Tomatoes are full of (natural) sugar.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Wendy's???? did somebody say Wendy's???:cry: