The silly little reasons

Options
Hi everyone, I was thinking about this today and I thought I'd share and see if we can get some input. Everyone is here for the main reasons of loosing weight and being healthy. However, we all have other silly little reasons that makes us want to loose weight. Here's a snapshot of my list, the things that come to mind.

1. I don't want my shirt to ride up on my shelf of a butt.
2. I don't want to worry about my chest getting in my food if I reach for something.
3. I want to weigh less than my father!
4. I want to look good at my next Green Day concert!
5. I don't want my feet to look so fat in shoes for crying out loud!

So that's just a few of my reasons. What's yours?

Replies

• HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    1. To fit into my "skinny clothes"!
    2. To get rid of "love handles" and such
    3. To look hot at the gym ;)
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I want to be one of those women that you see in the store with a bunch of kids and think, "She must be the nanny because there is no way that she had those kids."

Am I the only one who thinks that?:blushing:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I want to look in the dressing room mirror and not scream.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    * To be an inspiration for my father to lose the weight he so desperately needs to.
    * To be an active mom to my 3 kids who are almost 2 years (very active) and 6 months (will be very active).
    * To be more attractive to my husband than the day we met.
    * To feel better about myself and not try to hide in the background all the time.
    * To be healthy (although, in complete honesty, this is last on my list of reasons why).
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    I want to be one of those women that you see in the store with a bunch of kids and think, "She must be the nanny because there is no way that she had those kids."

HAHA!! I so love this!!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options

:laugh:

eh hem.... no, you're not lol

I need to lose weight to help my back and neck. That was my first motivating factor - I can't stand the chronic pain and the aggravation of the extra weight just make me feel even worse.

I would love it if my parents would make a change in their life after seeing what I do. I wish they would be healthy (at any weight) but so many of their problems are weight/food related.

To be an example to my teenage children who need to realize what portions are and know that sooner or later, age and gravity will catch them :laugh:
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    *lovehandles make my pants fit awfully. it's like a never disappearing muffin top :p
    *wearing a bikini with the utmost confidence
    *how proud my boyfriend looks when i get thinner :)
    *as a big 'screw you' to anyone who ever thought/said i was fat
    *the ability to pair any pair of pants with any shirt, not just "oh, that shirt is forgiving so i can wear it with these pants that are too tight" or whatever.
    *it will take less time to get ready when i don't stress about how big i look
    *ordering fatty food without feeling like the person at the counter is thinking about how I shouldn't order it
    *but mostly because i love having super confidence while naked
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hehe these are great. I guess I'm still relatively young, 23, 24 in August so my main thing at the moment is actually to being a healthy lifestyle so that I can continue this through when I eventually get married and have kids and start them off with a good relationship to food and exercise. I love the de-stress I get when exercising also!
  • bcpie
    bcpie Posts: 89
    Options
    dressing room mirrors are soo unforgiving. i hate them. I swear the mirror at home doesn't mock me like the dressing room mirrors do
  • Niceven
    Niceven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Ok, I want to smack the person who came up with the term "Love handles" because really? I don't love these handles!

This is awesome! Thank you everyone, and keep it going!

6. To blow away my old high school mates when I walk in looking smoking at my reunion.
    7. To not feel like a beached whale at the beach this summer.
    8. To be able to chase my adorable goddaughter around now that she's running.
    9. To not shy away from cameras.
    10. To not fear that my chair is going to squeek. Eek that one smarts!