green tea?

Options
Mon 01/21/08 06:43 PMI heard green tea stimulated weight loss..

i am eating well ( about 1200 calorie a day)

but should i drink say 3-4 green teas a day ( they are 100 calories each) ( lipton greentea and honey)

or stick to water.

i feel that calories arent good, but the green tea might outweight the calories lol!

and i DONT want to take out 300-400 out of my day.

advice??

Replies

• ashleyjea1985
    Options
    Mon 01/21/08 06:43 PMI heard green tea stimulated weight loss..

i am eating well ( about 1200 calorie a day)

but should i drink say 3-4 green teas a day ( they are 100 calories each) ( lipton greentea and honey)

or stick to water.

i feel that calories arent good, but the green tea might outweight the calories lol!

and i DONT want to take out 300-400 out of my day.

advice??
  • christi08
    Options
    You could get green tea bags and make your own. Arizona does make it with splenda, which is pretty good.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Green Tea is a great metabolism booster BUT you must find the most pure form of Green Tea possible - no flavors....

I read tons of articles about this as I am a big Green Tea drinker and the one thing that I learned was that some of the more commercially available teas (lipton, etc) sell a watered down tea leaf. I don't remember if it was the ECGC or the phenol-blah-blah's.

Check out www.greenteainformation.org

Happy Drinking!
  • markfloyd
    Options
    Green Tea seems to work! I brew my own a cup at the time and use a little Equal to get the flavor I want.
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    Options
  • alwaysenl
    alwaysenl Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Green tea is a great idea and you should try and get some into your diet everyday- I am trying to as well, but there are healthier ways to do I think. Green tea bags...or I like the little To-Go pouches you put into bottled water of green tea...they are real green tea not just flavored and contain ECGC, antioxidants and all that and they taste sooo good! They have 0 cals & 0 carbs too.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    How come you posted this twice? Didn't like our answers from before? Sorry about that.

I still say stay away from bottle green tea if you are watching your calories and just make your own brewed tea with a little bit of sweetener or honey and keep some in the fridge, if you like cold green tea.