Can anyone reccomend a good pedometer/bodybugg or something

Options
Does anyone use a pedometer or body bugg or anything? I am looking for something but I don't know what I want and I am not familiar with whats out there... What do you use and why do you like it?

Replies

• Sutton002
    Sutton002 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have 2 different thinks.... The NIKEPLUS.com and nike watch/ wrist band captures how many miles, how fast, cal burned and they also have a GPS one that gives you maps! $59.00 the one I have

Next I have the coolest gadget from costco.com $209.00 called Bodymedia and you can look at bodymedia.com love it tells every cal you burn all day and gives you goals and knows how much you really sleep and how much u just lay there and tells you how many cal you really burn not just a # by weight but by actual sensors and it is worn on your upper left arm....LOVE IT

I use both everyday and this site. A little much but it is helping!!

=) Good luck and I can answer any ? if you want
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Angelsander
    Angelsander Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Curves cells a nice inexpensive one on Avon.
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    The nike site sounds similar to the runkeeper app.
  • heatherann76
    Options
    I have a body bugg and love it. I find that any type of exercise equipment has my calorie burn way low. I wear it all the time except showering and swimming. You can set it for a trip to see exactly how much you burn during your workouts too if you have the digital display. They do have a new one out that syncs with an iphone or android as well. They are on sale right now at myapex.com. Feel free to friend me and ask questions if you want.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I love my new BodyBugg... even if it is a used one off of eBay... I paid nowhere near retail. You do have to pay a monthly subscription fee, but it's been well worth it so far.

BodyBugg and BodyMedia Fit are made by the same company but have different website interfaces. The new generation of BodyMedia Fit will also analyze your sleep, which would be super cool, but pricier than I could afford.

https://my.apexfitness.com/vip/bb_enrollment_info_public.php
  • heatherann76
    Options
    The body media is the same thing as a body bugg even made by the same company.
  • aristel
    aristel Posts: 110
    Options
    bump
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I only want to know calories burned during exercise so I bought a Polar Heart Rate Monitor(HRM)...FT4 model to be exact and I love it!
  • chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    I have been researching the same products for over a week. I was so uncertain which to buy...Bodybugg, Polar, Timex, ect. But after reading review after review, I decided on the Polar FT40. It was middle of the road in price (159.00), and the selling point for me is that is calculated resting calories as well as workout ones. I want to take it to work and see how many cals I burn in a night. It has a chest strap--which some detest, but after reading the reviews, it seemed to be more efficient than some of the arm ones. Also, if you need a pedometer that uses GPS, be careful if you want to use it in a building as there may not be a satellite connection. (I work in a hospital and can't pick up the satellite signal inside).
  • Baslow
    Baslow Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I get by with an Omron HJ-112. I keep it in my pocket as I walk. It does everything I need it to do...counts steps, "aerobic steps", miles and calories. It will register properly no matter what its orientation.