Manual Treadmills

Options
Okay, I really would love to get a treadmill for home, to walk and to start a C25K run and I am thinking about getting a manual treadmill because it a bit cheaper, I don't need anything fancy, but I don't want anything that is going to fall apart on me either. Anyone has or has had a manual treadmill, it is better then the "gym" ones?? I need help, I have about 350 so far to spend on one and I really don't wanna spend over like $500 for one, any suggestions??

Replies

• TaraLawrence11
    TaraLawrence11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I had a manual one and HATED it!! I ended up selling it and buying an automatic one for around $350 at a year end clearance sale it was half price. It isn't anything fancy but it gives speed that you are walking as well as distance walked, calories and fat burned. The calories burned are even fairly similar to what my HRM says! My vote would be for the automatic!! Good luck on whatever you choose!!
  • krd82
    krd82 Posts: 53
    Options
    Craigslist! lol. Sorry I had to say it...I buy everything from there :tongue:
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I really wanted a treadmill also but I did a lot of research before purchasing one, and came to the conclusion that they are not worth it unless you ONLY want to walk on it. I would just keep saving up to get a better one if I were you. Also try craigslist like a previous poster mentioned.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    My aunt had one and it was terrible. It was soooooo hard to use! I would recommend a "regular" one, even if it's used.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    Watch the manual ones - some have a really low weight limit (like 200lbs). I'd vote for the electric ones too! I have a low-end Proform that I like (not the best - but it does the job).
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I need help, I have about 350 so far to spend on one and I really don't wanna spend over like $500 for one, any suggestions??

I bought an super nice automated one for $350. It was on this local website we have for my area (kind of like craigslist). The owners wanted $450 but when my husband offered $350, they took it. I could tell it had hardly been used too.

Just wondering if there's a reason you want want the manual one other than price?
  • deadmittens
    deadmittens Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Manual treadmill?? What's that? :ohwell:

My moms treadmills is broken & I thought it would be fine to use. I had to push it myself to get it to go & thought I was going to die
  • Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    I need help, I have about 350 so far to spend on one and I really don't wanna spend over like $500 for one, any suggestions??

I bought an super nice automated one for $350. It was on this local website we have for my area (kind of like craigslist). The owners wanted $450 but when my husband offered $350, they took it. I could tell it had hardly been used too.

Just wondering if there's a reason you want want the manual one other than price?

Just the price really. I found one on Craigslist, so maybe I have good luck and hopefully the Saler can deliver.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options

Just the price really. I found one on Craigslist, so maybe I have good luck and hopefully the Saler can deliver.

Good luck! Hope you find one. I know I found a great deal because mine is a good treadmill. Maybe you'll get lucky too.

ps - WHOA! @ the typos in my first post. :(