Hey guys!

Options
Hello! My name is Emily. I am 20 years old and from Michigan. I've always been heavy and I've decided that enough is enough. I'm transferring schools in the fall and I figure that since it's a fresh start for me, I should let it be a fresh start for my body too. I've been using the My Fitness Pal app on my phone and it's proving to be a lot easier than I was expecting. I decided to check out the forum to get some more support. My family is trying to be supportive, but they are still wanting to go out for burgers and pizza and bringing home chips and cookies, so I need more people to relate to and tell me I don't need to finish off that box of Girl Scout cookies!
SW: 231
CW: 226
GW: 130

Replies

• Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    welcome! I'm sure you will find all of the support you need here to be successful.
    shine
  • thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hey Emily, glad you joined. It is the first step to becoming healthier and fit. There is lots of support on this website. Good luck with your journey. If you want a kickstart to your weightloss, try doing the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred video. You can purchase it at your local Walmart for $10. I have been doing it and trying to eat healthy for the last 22 days and I have lost 11 lbs and 8 inches. You can friend me if you like. Deb
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    Hello fellow Michigander!!! There is a ton of support on here, and it is a great tool. Good Luck!!
  • beachgirl667
    beachgirl667 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily,

Good luck on your goals:) This a great place to do it, there is so much support to help you out:)
  • emilex
    emilex Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hello! Congrats on your journey and good luck! I think you will be able to find lots of support here. :)
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm new here too, just started about 10 days ago. I'm amazed how easy it is to stay motivated by checking in with this site a few times a day.
    You're off to a good start, it will slow down, but stick with it!
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    OMGosh I feel your pain! My birthday was last week and you have NO idea how hard it was not to eat birthday cake everytime I wanted a snack! I literally just ate the last piece today, and I was so proud of myself that I spaced it out and actually planned enough calories that I was able to have my piece of cake without going over my calories :). The point is that it's not going to be easy, but if we stick together and work hard we can and WILL make our goals a reality! Feel free to add me :) Best of luck on your goals!
  • Emmetkelly
    Emmetkelly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! It's really encouraging to be around so many people that are going through the same thing.