NOT FEELING MOTIVATED AT ALL

Options
I had a good day ( well I thought) I log my food and at the end of the day I realize I had went over my calories, That was like someone had poor a bucket of water on my head, I was so mad, upset, discorage, all I wanted to cry. I have been doing so good and had worked so hard since I join MFP. Maybe I am over reacting but I want to get fit, loose weight to feel better not for anybody but for me.
So since I realize that I had went over my calories, I went to the kitchen and I had an icecream, a bag of Potatoes chips, and had a big piece of a cake. Witch I know I did that b/c I was mad upset but that only made me feel ten times worse. I know we all have our bad days, but I feel like I have more bad days then good days. I feel like I am never going to loose the weight I want to.

I wan to cry, why is it to easy to gain weight but Sooooooooooooooooooooooo freaken hard to loose it. I feel like I gain weight just by looking at food.

Well I figure I share this with ya all I don't know maybe I am the only unnormal woman, or maybe their is other people like me out there.

Thankz
lanenelatina

Replies

• beautifulnow
    Options
    girl just mark it in the books as a bad day...and yea we all do it..thats why this is a process...see before you would have probably let yourself go for the week...maybe the month, BUT you are a changed woman! Tomorrow you are gonna wake up with a big ol smile on that pretty face and bust your *kitten* all day to make up for your night and then your gonna get online and tell us all about you B**chin day!!
  • brenda_71
    brenda_71 Posts: 151
    Options
    I use to find myself eating quit a bit in the evenings, then I started exercising in the evenings instead of mornings. Ever since then, it's been breakfast, lunch and dinner with healthy snacks in between. After working out at night I'm not hungry and I sleep very well!! " No eating after dinner" I hope you can find somthing that will work for you!!
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ok hun i wrote the exact thing yesterday lol..i freaked out at myself and was having a meltdown but one day is only one day and each day is new and this is a journey of health not a quick fix soo i went to the fitness center and kicked my a@@ and now i feel better ,so im not sure if its possible but maybe you should take a walk and relax or kick your butt with high energy excercise you will feel so much better about the not so great choice u made today im not at all beating you up for making the choice you did i go over occasionaly myself and we can not denie ourselfs everything or we will not succeed .best of luck!
  • miszshai
    miszshai Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i've been there and im just getting to the point where i do not freak out whenever i mess up. so times you mess up thats is life. jsut like there will be times where yo just cant make it to the gym. i've also been discouraged and so i ate more and felt worse so what i started to do is when i get upset and want to gorge i think to my self. is this really going t make me happy when i'm done? i know its hard to lose weight i went downt o 180 just to g to 250 and now i am working my way down and i'm at 215. its hard t change your life style but hat is what lsoing weight is. its a lifestyle change and in order to change you have to do alot of wrong to figure out what right but as long as you keep trying you will reach your goal but you will never ger there is you give up.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    You're in good company, that is usually my reaction to bad days. What I try to remember is: "If you fall down half a flight of stairs, you don't pick yourself up and throw yourself down the other half."
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    You should try to log your food in as you eat it. It would also be helpful if you didn't have those other foods in your home.
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thank you Ladies I hope by tomorrow I feel better :)
  • socialite51
    Options
    Tomorrow will be a better day. I had two pieces of homemade carmel cake this week. Then I realized that it was coming up on my weight in. Although, I did not lose as much as I wanted, I did lose something. With that being said, yes, I was mad at myself;only for a moment and that little voice in the back of head said "Tomorrow will be a better day." Like you, I have been struggling with my weight lost for years and since I've found MFP I've really tried to be more dedicated. So tomorrow will be a better day. You've probably have been working very hard and you needed 1 day of ice cream and potato chips, so don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow will be a better day.:flowerforyou:
  • Missjenn98
    Options
    What I try to remember is: "If you fall down half a flight of stairs, you don't pick yourself up and throw yourself down the other half."

I love this!
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    You are all so right thankz again Ladies
  • lindak71
    lindak71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We are all human and we're not perfect! You can't be perfect, but if you can string together a bunch of good days, then that is how you'll see progress. Like Oprah said, if there was a magic pill for weight loss, she would have it! So, go to sleep with thoughts that you will have a good day tomorrow and then make it happen. And if you want ice cream or cookies or chips, have a little, but you don't have to eat the whole container or all three of them in one night. I can have one cookie and if I want more there's always tomorrow. If you are honest with yourself, then that is a step in the right direction. And make sure you're eating enough calories on a daily basis, because if you don't that could trigger a binge.
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    Thankz Linda, yes today is another day and l am so ready to do my workout and have a good food day lol, and just don't worried I am eating well I just had a bad night!!
  • bltmgray
    bltmgray Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thankz Linda, yes today is another day and l am so ready to do my workout and have a good food day lol, and just don't worried I am eating well I just had a bad night!!

That's the spirit, my friend! Take it one day at a time and DO NOT let it get you down. Just pick yourself up and start new the next day. Going over your calories is not the end of the world. It's when you go over and then gain weight because of it that hurts and is discouraging. I've been there and I've beat myself up over it, but then I just think, I was 212lbs only about a year ago, now look at me 155lbs and only around 20 or so lbs left to go. If I can do you, so can YOU! Just remember, choose healthy even when you are dieing to overeat or eat something you know is not good. But if you do decided to eat something that's not so good, make it a small piece. Never deprive yourself of the foods you love or you will never lose the weight. If you ever feel discouraged and are going to go to the kitchen and get something bad to eat, pop on hear or give me a call. I am there for you no matter what! You know that, my love!
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    If you ever feel discouraged and are going to go to the kitchen and get something bad to eat, pop on hear or give me a call. I am there for you no matter what! You know that, my love!
    [/quote]

OMG now I know why we are BFF and why we have been friends for such a long time, You are such an ispiration to me my friend and you did made me cry!! knowing that u care and u will be there for me made me feel and remember way back when we did everything together even dress alike!! Love you and miss you sooooo much!!!
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Everyone is entitled to a bad day! We're all human, and it happens sometimes. There's nothing you can do to go back and change it, so try not to beat yourself up too much about it. It's disappointing, yes, sometimes extremely disheartening, but you have the power to make your next days better, so focus your energy in doing that :)
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    Thank you Megan u are so nice!!
  • annav2401
    Options
    it's tough when you feel like you are trying and not suceeding...However you have to bare in mind that you are human and it's bound to happen from time to time.As you use the site more you will find it much easier to eat the right things.when your first starting it's really a matter of getting used to all the changes you make until its just another routine for you.i remember how much guess work used to go into what i ate until this site clarified alot of it for me.The way i tryed to think about it (when i was in your very spot!!) is that you have two choices.1)to let this discourage you completly out of trying and getting used to being uncomfortable in your own skin.Or 2) taking into stride and realize that as long as you keep trying eventually you will never have to worry about days like this again!! Stay focused,your doing great!!
  • lanenalatina
    Options
    it's tough when you feel like you are trying and not suceeding...However you have to bare in mind that you are human and it's bound to happen from time to time.As you use the site more you will find it much easier to eat the right things.when your first starting it's really a matter of getting used to all the changes you make until its just another routine for you.i remember how much guess work used to go into what i ate until this site clarified alot of it for me.The way i tryed to think about it (when i was in your very spot!!) is that you have two choices.1)to let this discourage you completly out of trying and getting used to being uncomfortable in your own skin.Or 2) taking into stride and realize that as long as you keep trying eventually you will never have to worry about days like this again!! Stay focused,your doing great!!

Thankz I apreciated all ur motivation, u are a great motivator, I like the way u think and I flatter to be your friend