Zumba ?

Options
I am looking into zumba classes in my area.it looks like a lot of fun=) my question is: does Zumbs help with toning? What is strength training? I really hope I can get into this!

Replies

• leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i have it on dvd and wii game, its a great sweaty workout, though i havnt kept with it to actually see toning, i need to stick with it, it does give u a work out and its fun and boppy :) good luck!
  • schaney24
    schaney24 Posts: 11
    Options
    It will tone, but you need to add weights for strength training.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did zumba for awhile and loved it. if you want a good workout though you need to actually move the way they do. some women were just not into dancing and it didn't stick with them. As for toning, no not really. more of a dance aerobics I think. so worth it though if you actually move your body.
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    Options
    My Zumba instructor has recently incorporated toning sticks in her classes. They are working because the day after a class, I can really feel it in my arms, shoulders, and back. My legs have gotten wicked tone just from the class itself and my time on the elliptical and treadmill, but now my upper body is getting some definition as well.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    i tried it for the first time the other night and the next day i felt pretty sore in my calves and my ab area. generally when that happens to me it means that it's doing it's job correctly :)
  • NotScaredToTry
    Options
    I dont have the sticks but yeah its a great workout, and if I can't get it, I will do it the best I can and make it up but keep the pace!
  • TanicaShante
    TanicaShante Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Zumba is great I have it on DVD, it came with a set of toning sticks. I haven't been using it long enough to see toning, but I feel it and it's a great workout. :)
  • shmoejo
    shmoejo Posts: 37
    Options
    i used the zumba scult and tone today for the first time with the toning sticks, and My arms shoulders and back feel it for sure tonight :D