I'm feeling down

Options
I have a beautiful wonderful 7 mo baby, a great husband that works all day, im a nanny, housekeeper, personal assistent of a doctor, so i work all day too but my boss let me do my job at the same time im taking care of my little one, so im bussy all day too. The thing is that i dont have time for my self, my inlaws live in Turkey, my family lives hours away from here, i dont know nobody that can watch my baby at least one hour a week to let me go take a zumba class (something that i would looove to do), again today i couldnt workout, my arm is numb because my son cries as soon as he touch his crib, he want me to hold him all day, i feel like a mess, like i shouldnt try to do nothing or to loss weight because i wont succed because i dont have time to workout or anything, i feel like a slave and i feel like im going to gain weight today because again i couldnt workout, i need a break of my life, I need a drink!
Sorry, i just needed to vent. Would u pls check what i ate today and tell me if i will wake up as a whale tomorrow morning.... ill add 2 shots of tequila later

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Oh, lovely. You have a lot of responsibilities, but you can still find time for yourself. Your son is going to become more independent soon. Can you hire a babysitter for an hour or two so you can take the class? Or can your husband watch the baby in the evening?
  • PaulaDDN
    PaulaDDN Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Oh, lovely. You have a lot of responsibilities, but you can still find time for yourself. Your son is going to become more independent soon. Can you hire a babysitter for an hour or two so you can take the class? Or can your husband watch the baby in the evening?

No, he cant, he works all day and in his day off he like to do something with us, but again, im the one taking care of the baby all day and doing whatever he wants because is his day off
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    your diary is not viewable so I can not look at it and see what you ate. It sounds like you have alot going on but its important to take time for yourself too :)
  • PaulaDDN
    Options
    your diary is not viewable so I can not look at it and see what you ate. It sounds like you have alot going on but its important to take time for yourself too :)

oops, sorry, is viewable now
  • TanicaShante
    TanicaShante Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah the babysitter idea sounds good also maybe you could buy the ZUMBA DVD and workout at home. Maybe the babysitter could care for the baby while you workout. :)
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Does your gym offer daycare? It would be worth the extra fee. Or, you can try some workout videos at home that involve the baby. They have yoga videos and other types of videos where you basically use the baby as a weight while you work out. I'm not a mom so I've never tried them but it seems like a pretty good solution to your problem. You get to work out and your baby is still being held so he's not crying. Also, keep in mind that exercise is optional. As long as you're below your caloric limit you'll lose weight.
  • annieemmons
    annieemmons Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    YAY BRAINSTORMING!!!

Finding ways to give yourself some time is going to be a bit hard given the full time mom/full time working status. I'm going to throw some ideas out there, some might be good, some not but hey, that's brainstorming.
    1) Look into your community resources. Are there any mommy's day out things at churches or community centers near your home?
    2) Seek a mommy support group with other mothers who might be able to give you ideas. What about community "play dates" with other mom's in your area? Sometimes tag teaming with another mom w/kids near your child's age is a great idea. Especially once the kids start getting to "sleep over" age where parents can take turns watching kids once a month so you can have a "date night" or whatever you need. Nobody starts off knowing all their friends and support system, it takes effort in FINDING them!
    3) When your son is a little older, check into other events in the community like reading groups/other activities at the local libraries, art centers, children's theater, etc where they might have "workshop" type events that you could be comfortably nearby, but not directly supervising yourself 24/7. This might give you a few minutes each week to just read a book or whatever small "me time" thing that you hold special.
    4) Try talking to your husband about your frustration

Regarding exercise:
    This might sound a little weird, but with watching my niece I learned that you can get a REALLY good arm workout playing the "raspberry" game where you lift the child in the air and blow on there belly. Always made her laugh lots, and since she'd want me to do that over and over again it was like doing arm weights. Trying to keep up with kids, playing with or comforting them, carrying them, pacing with them, etc is great exercise itself, and completely exhausting! If nothing else, go on a walk with the baby either in a buggy or with one of those nifty swaddle wraps they have now.
  • adrianah6969
    Options
    I search around till I found a gym that offered childcare & zumba.......most gyms do and its included in the 20 a month membership! Dont beat yourself up. Most new mommys feel overwelmed thats part of motherhood and IT DOES GET BETTER.
  • dlrandolph
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but hang in there and be proud of yourself for being a great mom and wife!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I had a look at your diary for today and you skipped lunch and went under on your calories. I only looked at one day's worth but if you continue to skip meals and go below your daily allowance you could gain weight. if you don't eat enough and get regular exercise you run the risk of slowing down your metabolism. Also you need to incorporate a more balanced meal plan that includes, fruit, vegetables, protein and whole grains. It sounds like you are really stressed out but eating the proper foods will help provide the energy you need. You could be feeling down and overwhelmed because your body is not getting the nutrients it needs. As hard as it is, you need to carve some time in the day and exercise. Even if you take your baby for a walk ( if you can't get a sitter) it is still better than nothing and the fresh air will help clear your mind.

Best of luck... if you need a few more motivating friends to help you along feel free to add me.
  • mrk34
    mrk34 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula!

Being a parent is the most important job we have. After a child is born we become non-selfish individuals. When the baby cries, we get up no matter how exhausted we are, pick him/her up and keep carrying the baby until he/she is ready to go back to the crib – we think. I know the feeling when we think the baby already fell asleep, we gently move him/her in to the crib, and then the beautiful little person wakes up and starts crying again. What worked a little (key phrase is “a little”) when my kids were babies, is walking while carrying them and singing.

Please do not feel that you will not succeed with your weight-loss objective.

I want to tell you that weight loss can be achieved without exercise. I lost 46 pounds without exercising at all. Shortly after I started my weight loss struggle last year I injured my knee and could not exercise anymore. However since I changed what I ate I continued to lose weight. Losing weight is about the food that we eat, not about exercise. I saw a post on this website indicating that it is 95% food and 5% exercise.

When I write about the food I do not mean eating less and torturing yourself with skimpy portions. No, you don't have to endure hunger to lose weight. What you will want to do is a steady day-by-day effort related to food choices. If you want to lose weight the way it worked for me, you have to stay away from junk food and eat healthy, high nutrient foods.
  • PaulaDDN
    Options
    OMG thank you all for your great support and very wise advice, reading all your comments made me tear up a little bit, i never imagined that in MFP beside finding the tools that i need to loss weight i would find such a great beautiful people here. From the bottom of my heart i thank each one of you.

We can do it, lets get rid of those punds!!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I admire the fact you can express your feelings and the fact there are so many people here for support for all of us. Maybe you could do a little "mommy and me" exercise with your baby. It would get your body moving and would bring you joy in having fun with your child.