To Log or Not to Log, that is...not the question!

Options
I went to a Turkish restaurant -to celebrate the arrival of a friend of the family's new baby-today and for the first time really, I was unable to log anything I ate , literally for like 3 hours. Here I was thinking, oh , well, I have about 900+ calories left. I should be fine. Since everything had been ordered ahead -and these were people I didn't know so it was kind of rude to ask: ' hey what's on the menu-I couldn't really anticipate to look up the ratio of stuff in advance. I got home and well, as you can guess, I was over-not by too much, but still-and not very pleased by this.

I guess I could have laid off the coca cola -I wouldn't have gone over by 47 grams on my sugar intake-and instead of having rice pilaf and french fries, I could have opted to have one or the other as well as I could have had calf liver or shish kebab, but I so rarely have these things that I guess I over indulged. I'm very, very, very, very, uber fortunate that I have the MFP app on my phone and/or a good internet connection where I'm able to log my meals and such. I really have no idea who all you wonderful people who don't have the app. are able to do it. Seriously, bless you all ! You kick so much *kitten*! I would have totally had a conniption fit without mine.

I'm certain this isn't the last time I'm going to end up in this situation. My question is, how do I handle it?

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Enjoy it. don't make a habit of it, then move on. Life happens...it can't always be easy. :flowerforyou:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Log it as well as you can, then forgive yourself--but remember the lessons learned--and move on.:flowerforyou:
  • jolteon00
    jolteon00 Posts: 89
    Options
    Accept that you deserved to indulge a little and move on as normal tomorrow :) Especially since you weren't over by very much. If you really feel you need to do something to get back on track with it, depending on what your calorie goal is, lower it by 50-100 for however long it takes you to even it out (or better yet, gain that little deficit in exercise each day!)
  • jennbaby23
    Options
    I also have the app on my phone and i love it! could not do it with out either. However, i say log it all, even if you go over its ok, for instant my calories are set at 1200 and i have gone over and to my surprise it said i was still in starvation mode, or could be. I found out that 1200 is just the min that is set. so as long as your eating less calorie intake then what you were before, say it was 2500 then your still good, and on the same track.. hope this helps. good luck. and keep up the good work.