270's to the 180's - success stories w/ pics pls!!!

Options
I'm new to MFP...two wks into it and I'm 12.8lbs down so far! This site has been so incredibly useful. My husband and I are enjoying the changes together, and bought a stationary bike bc we both work horrible schedules and needed something at home. My next purchase is a treadmill! My goal is to get to the 170's-180's. If you've done this and been successful please post before/after pics and tell me when you started.

Thanks!
Jamie :)

Replies

• 6heatherb6
    6heatherb6 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    GLad you and your hubby are doing this together!! Any ideas of how I can get my husband interested??
    Thanks
    PS Maybe it's because I 'love' my treadmill lol
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    good luck on your journey. Here's hoping my B/A pictures will inspire you :)
  • Jamie6802
    Options
    Haha! I wish I did have some advice on that one...but I think he got so tired of hearing me being down on myself and begging him to do it with me that he gave in and is doing it! He's lost 13...so he's defenitly keeping me goin! Good luck! :)
  • carpediem3
    carpediem3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    GLad you and your hubby are doing this together!! Any ideas of how I can get my husband interested??
    Thanks
    PS Maybe it's because I 'love' my treadmill lol

You nailed it! I'm addicted to my treadmill, most of the time lol, and I can not get hubs interested in working out with me. I think it would be fun, hes just not into it... Sigh
  • Godsflower1789
    Options
    my ba's are in my profile. 250's-184ish now!
  • kirstinkrueger
    Options
    GOOD LUCK ON YOUR JOURNEY! and your hubbys! Mine has to east healther cause i am the cook, haha, he has no choice! I win! hahahaahaaaaaaaaaa
  • biscuittrisha
    biscuittrisha Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Jamie - I went from 274 to 184 currently. I began my journey, along with my husband, in August 2008 when I turned 30 years old. It has been a long journey and I have stayed approximately the same weight for over a year. I fluctuate no 10 pounds; but, just last week I decided it was time to finish my goal (which is to get down to around 160). I just feel it's time for me to conquer the last few pounds. I would love to post pictures for you if you could tell me how to. I am new at using this site. I wish you all of the luck with your journey.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, this will work. It might be too big. If it doesn't work, I think these are in my profile.

260to150.jpg
  • Jamie6802
    Options
    I'm new to this and have no idea how to post pictures either...sorry : / But thanks for the inspiration!!!!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    Jamie - I went from 274 to 184 currently. I began my journey, along with my husband, in August 2008 when I turned 30 years old. It has been a long journey and I have stayed approximately the same weight for over a year. I fluctuate no 10 pounds; but, just last week I decided it was time to finish my goal (which is to get down to around 160). I just feel it's time for me to conquer the last few pounds. I would love to post pictures for you if you could tell me how to. I am new at using this site. I wish you all of the luck with your journey.
    If you use Photobucket or another picture hosting site, you copy the "IMG" code. However, you have to change the capital "IMG" to a small "img". It should work then. Congrats on your loss! I hear you on staying the same for a long time. I was stuck for a year.
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    INCREDIBLE INSPIRATION!!! You look like a completely different person!
  • vprime
    vprime Posts: 2
    Options
    You guys are all very inspiring as I get frustrated every week when I dont see a big change in the scale. I started Feb 24, 2011 when I got my treadmill... I started out every other day for 30 minutes and after two weeks I started two 30 minute workouts a day. My calorie intake is always under my 1200 per day they allow me...and I have only lost 12 lbs in the past two months. I feel I should be more... Of course tomorrow is weigh in day for me so we will see. I did notice I've lost 2 inches on my waist, hips and chest.. I'm guessing that I'm gaining muscle and thats why I'm not seeing the scale move much. It is frustrating though and I sure hope the lbs start coming off soon. Any suggestions would be helpful...
    Congrats to all of you out there who are doing so well. I hope someday soon I can have great news to share. My goal is to lose a total of 60 lbs... and I can't seem to get beyond 12....
  • biscuittrisha
    Options
    Thanks Amy! Here is my try at post a before and then I will post an after.
    IMG_0978.jpg
  • biscuittrisha
    Options
    Here is an after...
    62084-1025-033f.jpg
  • biscuittrisha
    Options
    In my opinion...if you are eating less than 1,200 calories a day then you are not eating enough. The more you exercise the more you need to eat because your body needs the energy to burn the fat. When I was training for my marathon I was eating 2,300 calories a day and still losing weight. Take care.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to my blog that I wrote about my weight loss. I have lost 10 more lbs since the last pic, the new pic will probably be taken next weekend.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/hroush/view/me-over-time-82946#comments
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP...Congrats on your success so far..
  • 2monkeys
    2monkeys Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Your Before and pics are unreal, I can't wait to post simmilar pics, very inspirational!
  • Amy_B
    Options
    You guys are all very inspiring as I get frustrated every week when I dont see a big change in the scale. I started Feb 24, 2011 when I got my treadmill... I started out every other day for 30 minutes and after two weeks I started two 30 minute workouts a day. My calorie intake is always under my 1200 per day they allow me...and I have only lost 12 lbs in the past two months. I feel I should be more... Of course tomorrow is weigh in day for me so we will see. I did notice I've lost 2 inches on my waist, hips and chest.. I'm guessing that I'm gaining muscle and thats why I'm not seeing the scale move much. It is frustrating though and I sure hope the lbs start coming off soon. Any suggestions would be helpful...
    Congrats to all of you out there who are doing so well. I hope someday soon I can have great news to share. My goal is to lose a total of 60 lbs... and I can't seem to get beyond 12....
    You're definitely not eating enough. I was plateauing for a year, then I upped my calories so my net was around 1700. I started losing then. If you're exercising that much, you definitely need more calories. Eat back at least some of your exercise calories.

Trisha--Awesome!!!

Thanks for all the comments on my photos too. If I can do it, anyone can! It's been a long journey, but it is SOOOO worth it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!