Zumba on the Wii

Options
I was checking this out online the other day and was thinking about getting it. Does anybody have it and is it any good?

Replies

• jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I brought 3 weeks ago and have tried it twice. Personally i got frustrated with it easily, i found the moves quite hard to follow as for me the avatar teaching you is'nt very clear. Other people have said they love it. Personally i'm trading mine in for another game & forking out for the dvd's
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I don't have any personal experience with it but I've got a few friends that say they prefer using Wii Plus Fit because it's easier. Not easier in the sense of actually doing the exercises but easier to understand and know what the heck you're supposed to be doing :smile:
  • nveldhuis
    Options
    I love it! I've been going to zumba once a week (only times i could) since September and i love zumba so i bought the game just after christmas thinking it would be nice to do at home. It gets you sweating even if you dont do it exactly like they want you to. And i concider myself a fairly good zumba-er and I only put it on intermediate :) I say you should try it and see if you like it if you can first
  • NVCrazyLady
    Options
    I've heard that Zumba is difficult and really fast paced. Let me know if you get it and your feedback too. Looks like the reviews here are split evenly just about.
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I love it. It help a lot if you have done Zumba before, and can therefore recognise the moves. But it's a GREAT tool to work out with as it is so enjoyable you don't really feel it's a w/out, but it does burn the cals (I use an HRM) ........
  • Bavaria100
    Options
    Yesterday was my 4th Zumba class and I love it. I still get some of the moves wrong but that does not matter as long as I enjoy it. I am also thinking of buying it for my Wii.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    The menus/interface on the Wii game is fuzzy and annoying, but I still prefer the game to the DVDs. I get a better workout with the game, probably because I work harder to try to unlock all the extra workouts.
  • nurse_christieyne
    Options
    I have done Zumba before and liked it very much. I was thinking the Wii one would be good because it is something that I could do at home. I got a few of the Biggest Loser DVD's but those are like working out... I want something more fun to do. I guess I will have to go looking and give it a try.
  • NVCrazyLady
    Options
    I was thinking about getting the Biggest Loser ones, but they aren't that good huh? Hey how do I get my ticker at the end of my signature?
  • KayW416
    KayW416 Posts: 2
    Options
    I really like ZUmba for the Wii. I didn't want to look silly at a class, but why not in my own living room!! It's a great workout. I have tried it twice and while I don't do the moves I can still rack up the points.

It was a little confusing setting it up and mine has the belt which is cumbersome but once you get used to it it works out great!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i have wii fit plus, biggest loser, zumba wii and zumba dvds:
    wii fit plus, alright, does the calories,
    biggest looser....interesting, does the calories
    zumba wii, has alot more moves then the dvd does i just got it other week but hasnt calorie counter.....heart rate monitor required
    zumba dvds same benefit from the sweat factor but wii has more variety :)
    personally im a must have and get bored with person but i hope to do more wii zumba and do the wii biggest loser weight in :)
  • distant_dreamer
    Options
    i have zumba on wii, its gd but classes r best! i find the wii game much faster paced, and a little harder to follow at times but as with the classes once u know the roitines it gets easier! defo a gd workout!
  • distant_dreamer
    Options
    i have zumba on wii, its gd but classes r best! i find the wii game much faster paced, and a little harder to follow at times but as with the classes once u know the roitines it gets easier! defo a gd workout!
  • elephantmeg
    elephantmeg Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I like it but I did take some classes first and am glad I did!
  • veronichorne
    veronichorne Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I actually like Just Dance and Just Dance 2. I don't really pay attention to the final score, I basically "Just dance"!