breakfast to will sustain

Options
Aruba08
Aruba08 Posts: 61 Member
forgive my typo...that should say "THAT will sustain"

Looking for some ideas for breakfast under 300 calories that will keep me full for at least 2 hours. I tried porridge but i was starving after an hour. Same with fruit. The only thing that really fills me is a wholemeal seeded bagel with scrambled egg or a banana. However I dont want to eat this every day.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You could try my breakfast today.

I have opened my diary, keeps me going for 3-4 hours :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I had porridge with skimmed milk and a banana and full from that for good few hours.

Yesterday I had 0% Total yogurt - its really thick, with Banana, honey & coconut flakes and that filled me up. (I used sweetened coconut as thats all we had but was quite high in calories).

Natural Peanut butter on wholemeal toast.

I'll keep thinking.....
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    You could try this..

1 whole egg
    1 piece of wholegrain toast
    1/2 an avocado

298 calories. :)
  • MobyLovesPie
    MobyLovesPie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I tend to go to Starbucks every morning and grab a Egg, Bacon and Mushroom Panini. This is 269kcal in UK Starbucks. Keeps me full for a good 2-3 hours. It's maybe not made up of the healthiest ingredients but its a great start to my day!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Two of my favourite oatmeal recipes - adding the vegetables and nuts makes it "stick" for longer....

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-carrot-cake-oatmeal/

http://www.thegraciouspantry.com/clean-eating-pumpkin-pie-oatmeal/#more-8475
  • Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hey :smile:

I always have one slice of toast (no butter) and one scrambled egg on top. Sometimes I add a few tomatoes. only about 200 cal depeneding on what bread I have. I find it keeps me full for about 4 hrs

Hope this is some help

Heidi

:flowerforyou:
  • T_William
    T_William Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Brown bread and a boiled egg is very nice.

Porridge always works for me tho!
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Im limited by cereals available in the supermarket due to their carb values. I have just started eating Goodness Superfoods cereal, the serving size is 45 grams which isnt a lot but it tastes good and lasts me approx 3 hours.
    Am going to try the carrot cake oatmeal as looks good, thanks dfairall!
  • Fargasj
    Fargasj Posts: 4
    Options
    Honey cheerios with craisins, & nitro-peak's (1 scoop) cookies and cream protein shake.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I know you are looking for foods that will help you keep full around 300 cal but another idea might be to add more calories for breakfast and take away later during the day.

I find that I am starved in the morning. I am not that hungry around dinner and I am not a late night snacker so what I do is have more calories for breakfast. I do between 400-500 calories. Then I have like 200-300 calories for lunch.(usually a big salad) and then 300-400 for dinner and 200 for a snack. that gives me between 1200 -1400 calories a day. Just an idea.. Had to tweak my meals because I was hungry at different times

Good luck
    Kathy
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I just found a recipe that a friend gave me a while back, she is into fitness and body building competitions. She told me it is high in protein and low in fat. I havent checked the database to check calories to see if it fits under 300 calories

1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
    Jam - 1 to 2 tablespoons

Mix oats & cottage cheese. Microwave for 60 seconds.
    Stir, mix in jam.
    Microwave for another 60 seconds.
    This makes a dry mixture, add water to the mix if you prefer it to be smoother.

This is an acquired taste, took my friend 3-4 attempts before she loved it.
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    theres a book by hungry girl. i think it's called 200 under 200 (or something similar). it has manyyyy different meal ideas, snacks and drinks under 200 calories :)
  • JAG1224
    JAG1224 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with almond milk, banana, raisins or blueberries and some chopped walnuts is pretty filling and delicious. Also, greek yogurt with fruit (I use banana, strawberries & blueberries) and granola is good too. Both meals are about 250 calories.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Oatmeal with a tablespoon of peanut butter stirred in (and some sugar too:smile: ).

This keeps me full the entire morning from my breakfast at 6:30 AM to lunch about 11:20 AM (I'm a teacher and eat at the cafeteria -- thank God for the cooks at our school who prepare WONDERFUL salads).

Kaye
  • Diana061
    Diana061 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Quaker Instant oatmeal weight control... keeps me going til mid morning snack which is usually a cheese stick !!! good luck !
  • Aruba08
    Aruba08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wow thank you all so so much for the tasty suggestions and links also. I have jotted them down. What great is that I have 90% of the ingredients here already. Thanks again xxx