UK weight loss buddies?

Options
I've been on MFP for nearly 3 months and I love it! I'm delighted with my weight loss so far - never thought I would do so well. I would love to have some more friends in the UK to support, especially if you have similar goals.

Replies

• yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm in the UK too, I would be happy to have you as a friend although my goals now are maintenance and fitness related rather than weightloss. Have you found the team UK thread yet? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/206596-team-uk-ireland-april-2011
  • EmmaShorter
    EmmaShorter Posts: 298
    Options
    Hi i am from the UK. I too have similar goals. I am a little heavier than you but would like to get down to 126 pounds. Or 9 stone to us. I only joined MFP today but have been following slimming world for quite some time. I lost nearly all the weight i wanted too then gained it all again due to finding love and becoming contented. However i am getting married this year so i want to get as much off as possible before the wedding and indeed the honeymoon! I am hoping that this will give me some more motivation and support to get those pounds off. Where in the UK are you?
  • julie_a_griffin
    julie_a_griffin Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey :D I'm based in Brighton, and I have a lot of weight to lose. Feel free to friend me. It's always good to have more support here. Every little helps!
  • CharlieJuliette
    CharlieJuliette Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm in the UK too, I would be happy to have you as a friend although my goals now are maintenance and fitness related rather than weightloss. Have you found the team UK thread yet? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/206596-team-uk-ireland-april-2011
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options

Thank you for the link.
    I'd love to have you as a weight-loss friend. Hopefully I won't be TOO long joining you in maintenance. Although I'm guessing maintenance is just as challenging as losing the weight in the first place?
  • rosiedoes
    rosiedoes Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK - Julie's housemate, in fact. :)
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    Hi i am from the UK. I too have similar goals. I am a little heavier than you but would like to get down to 126 pounds. Or 9 stone to us. I only joined MFP today but have been following slimming world for quite some time. I lost nearly all the weight i wanted too then gained it all again due to finding love and becoming contented. However i am getting married this year so i want to get as much off as possible before the wedding and indeed the honeymoon! I am hoping that this will give me some more motivation and support to get those pounds off. Where in the UK are you?

Hi! Friend request accepted! Congrats on your forthcoming nuptials. Looking forward to getting to know you, and welcome to MFP!
  • ThosePeskyMoomins
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm from Southampton and I'm on the weight loss path too. I started off at 157lb and I'm sort of stuck around the 140lb mark now... I think I'm in need of some weight loss buddies to help me reach my target and maintain it :)
    Ali
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    I'm in the UK - Julie's housemate, in fact. :)

So you and Julie are doing the jump together? Seriously impressed! Would love to get to know you both - friend requests on the way.
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options

Thank you for the link.
    I'd love to have you as a weight-loss friend. Hopefully I won't be TOO long joining you in maintenance. Although I'm guessing maintenance is just as challenging as losing the weight in the first place?

There are 3 or 4 people I know of on the team UK thread that are from Guildford too.
    You are right about maintenance being challenging, in some ways it feels harder, at least when you are losing you have clear goals and it feels great when you get on the scales and have lost weight, I miss that buzz.
  • fitnessjch
    fitnessjch Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am from the UK too. Feel free to friend me
  • Fliegenschwein
    Fliegenschwein Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Hi from Hertfordshire :flowerforyou:

Please feel free to add me for a bit of support if you want to
  • whiskey9890
    whiskey9890 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    hi i'm in cheshire and looking to lose between 30-35lbs, by the end of october, after a few false starts i'm more determined to do this than ever. i'm always happy to have more friends on here, as i need to be nagged at lol
  • Sugar_Dumpling
    Sugar_Dumpling Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hiya - from the UK too :)

Feel free to add me, it's always good to have more friends and support :) x
  • distant_dreamer
    Options
    hi i'm from UK too (originally from gloucester, now living in london!! good to know more UK peeps on here, feel free to add me x
  • sars_68
    sars_68 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Hi:smile:

I'm in Wiltshire, happy for people to add me - the more support the better!

Sarah:flowerforyou:
  • kittycatcookie
    Options
    Am happy for people to add me!
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    Hi from Hertfordshire :flowerforyou:

Please feel free to add me for a bit of support if you want to

Hi! Friend request on the way! How's project beanpole going?
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    hi i'm from UK too (originally from gloucester, now living in london!! good to know more UK peeps on here, feel free to add me x

Hi! Friend request sent!
  • CharlieJuliette
    Options
    Hi:smile:

I'm in Wiltshire, happy for people to add me - the more support the better!

Sarah:flowerforyou:

Hi Sarah. Friend request sent!