New & looking for support buddies

Options
Hi pals,

I've been using myfitnesspal for a couple of weeks now. I'm physically active (runner) from the south of Boston area - my biggest problems are controlling the amount of food I eat and not going crazy snacking. I'm up & down with control. In the morning I'm managable, but end of day I'm out of control. I want to loose about 30lbs which is what I've gained over the last couple years.

I don't really know anyone on this site but would like to interact with anyone in a smiliar situation as I. I welcome any "friends", tips and comments.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I LOVE snacking too! I just sent you a friend request.
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Oooh, you are speakin' my language. Late night snacks are my CONSTANT downfall. It's okay, we can do this!! Adding you now :)
  • laulauwanwawa
    laulauwanwawa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today is what I'll worry about, a lesson learned last night is that if I buy that huge bag of chips, I'll eat that huge bag of chips. Today I'll divide the big bag of pretzels into single servings and stick to just one.

The rest of the Easter candy is going into baskets to give tomorrow & that's all that's to it!
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see someone that lives on the South Shore :) I have been struggling with not eating late night snacks. I've been trying to keep some calories so I can have a small, healthy snack after 7pm....but some nights are not that easy, lol.

I think you'll find a lot of support on this site.
  • nancymmorris
    Options
    I am the worst evening snacker ever. Now most days I do well but somedays I still cave to my old ways. Sent you a request. :happy:
  • cindykeur
    Options
    Sounds like me! I have been working at losing for a while, but just joined the site this week. On my last 10 pounds. I also do well until the end of the day. This is my biggest struggle. And I love junk food. Maybe we can keep each other motivated and challenge each other daily. Right now I cannot find the motivation to make good choices and control my snacking after 3 pm.
    This site has REALLY helped open my eyes to what my calories are adding up to each day. I'd love a good challenge!
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I've experienced the similar issues... Feel free to add me