Substitute for veggie pizza crust

Options
I got a LOT of veggies in today, as I had veggie pizza for two meals, but I used reduced fat crescent rolls for the crust- bad move! I don't mind using calories in the ranch spread because I hate reduced fat dairy, but I could definitely use suggestions on what to use for crust next time. Thanks!

Replies

• realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I used lite italian herb Flat-Out bread. It is multigrain and only 90 calories. You can get it at Wal-Mart.
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe on here for pizza crust made from cauliflower. I tried it last week and it was actually very good. You could also use a whole wheat pita or some flat bread.
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    If you like mushrooms, try using portabella caps, baked for about 10 minutes to release some of the liquid. Top the caps with your favorite pizza toppings and bake. Not quite the same, but takes care of my pizza craving every time!
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've heard tell of a pizza crust made from cauliflower that people have raved about. I've never tried it. You could also use flatout flat bread or make mini pizzas using sandwich thins, if you know what those are. I can't tell the difference between the 'light' ranch or other reduced fat dairy, but absolutely cannot stomach the fat-free versions. bleck!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    That flat out bread is definitely my choice. I love thin crust pizza so it fits my tastes already!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    You could see if your bakery whether in store or stand alone bakery sells pizza dough. Another thing you could use tortillas.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe on here for pizza crust made from cauliflower. I tried it last week and it was actually very good. You could also use a whole wheat pita or some flat bread.

Much agreed. Haven't tried the cauliflower one yet, but was what I was thinking. I just got one from FRESCHETA that was a whole wheat crust. Was really good too. Low cal. Just a thought.
  • NoExcuseTina
    NoExcuseTina Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    There is a 50 calorie tortilla out there...La Tortilla Factory brand...low carb/high fiber...tastes decent too
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    A whole, whole-wheat pita works great for a crust...holds up under the veggies/sauce/whatever very well.
  • carlynishere
    carlynishere Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    That flat out bread is definitely my choice. I love thin crust pizza so it fits my tastes already!

Me too!
  • kanglj65
    kanglj65 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions!
  • Fat4Fuel2
    Fat4Fuel2 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    http://stuffimakemyhusband.blogspot.com/2010/11/cauliflower-pizza.html

cauliflour pizza. I've made it twice and it was awesome both times.
  • gooseafur
    gooseafur Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    bump! Can't wait to try it!