yasmin contraceptive

Options
hey girlies :)
just wondered if any of you are on the yasmin pill. they have just put me on it and so far so good but just wanted some feed back. ive had implant, mini pill and iud before but still had awful mood swings. hopefully this will be the one for me, any feedback greatly appreciated :)
happy saturday xxx

Replies

• momtothreegirls
    Options
    I don't want to scare you but I know someone that had a stroke taking that pill. She is only 23 years old. I know there is a chance of that with all pills but I've heard it's higher with that one. Just some info for you.
  • kimmshaw77
    Options
    Yaz worked great for me! Actually pretty much stopped most of my severe symptoms...and some were SEVERE!
  • going2win
    going2win Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had severe PMS, on Yaz almost none !!!!!!! LOVE it. Definately decreased my mood swings =)
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm on the 28 day Yasmin, and I've had ZERO problems with it! I used to have bad cramping in my legs during my period, but as soon as I was put on the pill, that stopped! I haven't experienced any mood swings, or headaches, or ANY adverse effects whatsoever....I did put on about five pounds when I first started taking it, but I also wasn't exercising as often or eating as cleanly as I am now, so I've dropped that weight, and then some.

I realize that it's not the same for everyone, but for me it's been great!
  • oreolover
    oreolover Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have been on Yaz for several months, it has been a god send!! I have tried several others and they helped some but Yaz is the only one that pretty much stopped or GREATLY reduced all my symptoms to the point of not needing other meds and stuff to cope (some were pretty severe).

The only thing I have found with it (and other 'pills') is a very stubborn ~15 pound weight gain...sigh. Oh well it's worth it for me and that's why I'm on here.

Good luck with it!
  • jade_85
    jade_85 Posts: 96
    Options
    thanks ladies great help xxx
  • minburke
    minburke Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yasmin is the only pill I've ever been on. I've been on it for almost 6 years now and never had a problem, greatly decreased my PMS, no weight gain and no scares. Awesome!
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    been on it for a good 8 years and no problems
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    no problems with Yasmin...everyone else made me pretty crazy in terms of mood. i've been on Yasmin for like 5 years now.