Misses size 16 feels good?!?

Options
I remember the days long ago when I moved into the double digits in sizes. It was in high school... then when I graduated from college I was a size 14! Ouch! Then shortly there after I was a size 16 and thought I was sooo huge. Now, I've finally made it back "down" to the size 16 and it feels so good! Why couldn't I have enjoyed my weight at size 16 before?!? Why did I shy away from social activities when I went up to size 14 before, and this time around, going "down" to size 14 I'll be strutting a bathing suit?!? It feels so good now. I'm never complaining about my size again. It's all a matter of perspective.

Replies

• ajax03
    ajax03 Posts: 96
    Options
    Oh I know EXACTLY how you feel. In college, I was a 10/12, then 14, then graduated wearing 16s. Of course that was before the hubby, kids, jobs, etc. I look back at pics then and find it silly that I thought I was "big" at 10/12. If only I could get BACK there!!!!
  • Lefriedline
    Lefriedline Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more! At the end of senior year in high school I was a 10/12 and thought i was HUGE! Turns out, I wasn't. It really is all perspective..glad to know others feel the same. Keep up the great work :)
  • mbalaguer1
    Options
    Same here! i thought i was soooo fat when I was 15 and wore a size 12/13. Now I look back at my pictures and realize how perfectly beautiful and curvy I was. I'm wearing 17/18 now and i cant to fit in a 13 again.
  • jkq2003
    jkq2003 Posts: 27
    Options
    I definitely agree that it is about perspective. I am currently a size 18 and down from a size 20 and the moment I was able to fit into some clothes I have not worn in 6 years I was so excited. I can't even tell you the joy I will feel to be a size 16 or smaller.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    EVer heard of you appreciate what youve had once youve lost it?

It applies to more then People or Things! Once youve GAINED enough weight to have LOST the smaller size (and thinking youve lost the ability to reach it again) you look back at pictures thinking "WHy did I think I was fat THEN?" Well because to YOU you were fat because thats the biggest you had ever been at the time! Now that youve been even bigger you see yourself as pretty back at your old size. (Media outlets also dont help our body image issues as women)

All i can say is learn to appreciate your body how it is NOW so you can appreciate it even more when its smaller!
  • soniams
    soniams Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Having gone from size 24 to 18, I know exactly how you feel! I will never take my size for granted again.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Body image is such a complicated thing. I don't think I have ever had a really clear picture of what my body looks like. I always thought I needed to lose weight when I was slim. When I gained weight I put on these rose colored glasses and tried not to see it. I am shocked when I see a picture of myself 60 or so pounds heavier. That is me?! Really? Now that I am getting closer to my goal I still feel fat. Will I ever be happy with the beautiful body that god gave me?

I am working on a realistic body image and weight but I think this is going to take some work!