hi i am a newbie

Options
hi all, i found this site by luck but felt positive vibes so decided to join. i have got my exercise sorted but haven't shifted any weight in a month, decided i can't fool myself any longer and have to start calorie counting. i have enjoyed the first few days and find the site really user friendly.
i have 94lb to loose and i am fully aware this will be a long journey, i would love to have support from people on the same long road so we can support each other.
thanks for reading my post

Replies

• Fruchtzwerg
    Fruchtzwerg Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Welcome :flowerforyou:
    Good luck to you! You'll get there.
    This site is awesome - everyone here is very supportive and just lovely :bigsmile:
  • smr6594
    smr6594 Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck! I got into hula hooping (don't laugh) last week, and I've already lost 5 pounds. I feel like my body is really changing, and my midsection (my problem zone) is getting stronger. I've watched a ton of YouTube video tutorials to learn different tricks. I don't know what you're doing for exercise, but it's really fun, you don't realize how long you are doing it, and it is low impact. I am horrible at dieting, and I've used myfitnesspal, but it's just really hard for me to stick to such low calorie levels. Hula hooping burns 100 calories in just 10 minutes of hooping. I've sent you a link to my favorite video. I like it, because it shows all of the times she drops the hula hoop instead of just showing the successes. This has me so excited to get into shape. I hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEwVC9x-h4
  • smr6594
    smr6594 Posts: 2
    Options
    Ok, I guess it didn't come up as a link, but you can copy the url address and paste it in your browser. Or you can just search for "Love the Process" on YouTube.
  • Nickie81
    Nickie81 Posts: 4
    Options
    Welcome.. I just started yesterday (on this site). I've been exercising since Feb 23, 2011 on a goal of loosing 100 lbs. I've lost 20 so far but have hit a road block for about a week. I figured I would sign up because I was curious to know how many calories I am actually eating AND drinking. Good luck to you!!!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    would love to do this again. used to as a kid.
    funny story one day in bellydance class there were only a couple of us there that night and we found some hoops in the room (from another dance class i guess) and were trying them couldnt keep the darned thing up, and i am like okay i did this as a child, don't remember it being that hard LOL
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    :happy: hi there thanks for the tip sounds like it is working for you. i do hula hoop on the wii fit along with other exercises i also do tae bo and have just started zumba and i go out for bike rides. i have lost 4cm from my waist in the last week but weight just keeps going up and down, this site is helping me be realistic about what i actually eat.
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    :happy: thank you
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I got into hula hooping (don't laugh) last week, and I've already lost 5 pounds. I feel like my body is really changing, and my midsection (my problem zone) is getting stronger. I've watched a ton of YouTube video tutorials to learn different tricks. I don't know what you're doing for exercise, but it's really fun, you don't realize how long you are doing it, and it is low impact. I am horrible at dieting, and I've used myfitnesspal, but it's just really hard for me to stick to such low calorie levels. Hula hooping burns 100 calories in just 10 minutes of hooping. I've sent you a link to my favorite video. I like it, because it shows all of the times she drops the hula hoop instead of just showing the successes. This has me so excited to get into shape. I hope this helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmEwVC9x-h4

This is a great idea to burn some calories at home! Do you use a weighted hoop or a regular one?

And to OP-- Hi and welcome! Add me as a friend, if you'd like!

-LP
  • randomstalker
    Options
    hi im new to the site after finding it as an app on my phone. i think its great and i cant wait to shift the access weight! :smile:
  • mmagnet
    mmagnet Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I am new too, brand new, just today, trying to figure this out...anybody know how to make the calorie and exercsise trackers work together????
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome, mfp is great for motivation and keeping you on track. i find the apps very handy too as keeps me accountable with my loggin!