Scale Moving, Look No Different?

swimmer23
swimmer23 Posts: 70
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
The numbers on scale keep dropping, which makes me so happy, but I look no different. I don't have any pictures to ask your guys' opinion, but I look at myself often enough in a mirror to notice any difference! I just don't understand. I'm almost 10 pounds lighter than when I started and it looks no different.

Also, I didn't want to get over-excited because I know it's not good to weigh yourself on different scales because they can be different, but if it's right then I only have 2 lbs left to lose! That makes me happy number-wise, but I don't look the way I used to when I was at this weight...what's going on????

Replies

• Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Unfortunately our opinions are jaded by the mirror, especially because you're already pretty light weight, I'd start looking into measuring yourself instead of what the mirror shows you!

^_^ Get that tap measure out! Don't be afraid!
  • or take some pictures :) I have took a picture every week... to see changes :)
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    We tend to be our own worst critics. I look in the mirror and don't see any difference in my appearance, but I've noticed that I actually have to lean forward to see my belly past my chest (which was totally exciting to me). It's funny because my husband used to ask me every couple of days how far I had to lean now, lol.
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Well, when you have very little weight to lose, as you did, you have top be extra careful to make sure your nutrition and exercise choices support your losing fat and not muscle. If the scale is going down, but your body composition is not changing, this *may* be the reason. How much strength training are you doing versus cardio? Are you consistently eating within 100 calories of your net goal? But as the previous posters have said, it may be a matter of your simply not seeing the changes, even though they are happening.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,013 Member
    I agree. I have lost 7 pounds and my pants are no easier to button. yet. Now, when I was at 5 pounds, my girlfriend at work said she could notice, but I am not sure if she was for real, or being nice. she said she was for real. so maybe we just don't see it because we do look at ourselves all the time.

Example... my mom has a mastiff. he is still a growing puppy. When I see him every few days or once a week, I can tell when he grows taller or fills out and my mom is shocked. She's like "really? i can't notice". So, maybe we are getting smaller and we just don't see it yet.
  • coolani
    coolani Posts: 12 Member
    My biggest indicator is the jeans! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.