introducing...me:)

Options
Hi People,

My name is Amy. I just joined today and have 65 some odd pounds to lose. I've been steadily gaining over the years since I had kids, etc. I've gone on different diets and find that lack of convenience is often a big problem for me when I diet. I usually have tons of different scraps of paper with calorie counts, carb counts, diet logs, and so on, in lots of different places. I like the idea of an orderly online system. Order doesnt come naturally to me, so I appreciate this free service to help me out.

BTW I'm a 37 year old mother of 3. Divorced. And food is my friend. So this is going to be hard. But its too hard being fat anymore.

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello Amy and welcome to MFP.
    This is a great site and the support is amazing.

Feel free to add me if you'd like, and best of luck achieving your goals.
    Martin
  • gypsybeke
    gypsybeke Posts: 12
    Options
    It's ok! You don't have to de-friend food. Just put it in a different perspective. I LOVE food too, which is why this system works so well for me. You got this! :)
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Good luck on your journey!
  • DebKessler
    Options
    Hello Amy, Glad you are here. This site is so cool and helpful. Take use of this free tool and use to your advantage.
    So far I have lost 23 lbs. I set small goals for myself. Once I meet that goal, I set another small goal. It works. Keep saying yes you can do this. All my best, Debbie
  • headheldhigh
    Options
    Wow, I feel so supported! Thanks everyone for your response! Now I have a real smile and not just a texted one:)

Amy
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome!

can be hard to make time for yourself as a mummy so i appreciate that. your kids will also benefit from getting fitter. i liked mfp as i could do it for free without paying anyone to weigh me! i have learnt a lot since i joined in jan. i found the app in oct last year but dismissed it! stick with logging and exercising and you will see results :)
  • lizbestus
    lizbestus Posts: 18
    Options
    Welcome!!!!:smile: