calories the day before weigh in?

Options
Do you pay more attention to your calories the day before you weigh in? Is it better to weigh in the morning after a high calorie day or a low calorie day?

I ask because I weighed in yesterday but the day before was my highest calories of the week. I lost nearly a pound so I didn't even think about it, until I decided to weigh myself for fun this morning. Yesterday's calories were more on track with the rest of my week and the scale shows another 1.5 lb loss (in just one day?).

Should I count today's weight? Even with wet hair and wearing clothing it's only back up around yesterday's weight (and I know that with wet hair and fully clothed I can weigh up to 3 lbs more than with dry hair and no clothing, depending on what I'm wearing).

Replies

• julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday. I try to only log here once or twice a week if the weigh seems consistant for a few days. I go up and down 1 -2 pounds often... 195 then 197 then 195 then 196 now back to 195. I just hope at the end of the week or so the end result is down. Too many factors can make weight different every day. I know how you feel though!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I check my weight almost every morning on Wii Fit, I have my own excel sheet, I sometimes record it on here, but I usually do that once a week, but i check it everyday to keep myself on track. I found that if i dont keep an eye on my weight i tend to mess up.
  • jmyers1230
    jmyers1230 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll see what tomorrow's weight is and if it's still down, I'll log today's weight. I got really excited about the number I saw today though because it's almost back to what I weighed last May when I graduated college. That weight is one of my mini goals (making my driver's license correct again) :smile:
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same amount every day, but the days before weigh in I do tend to eat more earlier in the day (usually I'm a late night snacker) and watch my sodium.
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day but I only record on Mondays. I don't think it matters what day you use as long as you pick one and stick with it. Over time you will see a steady loss no matter what day you pick.