3 NSV's in a day

Options
Dawntodusk
Dawntodusk Posts: 262 Member
First one: While brushing my teeth this morning in front of the mirror, I noticed my shoulder bone (humerus) for the first time in years. Second one: I'm down a bra size which means I've lost 2 inches on my back. Third one: While getting dressed this morning, my 15-year old daughter walks into my room and says, "Wow! You've lost a lot of weight, Mom."

YAY!

Replies

• ruhimaach
    ruhimaach Posts: 171
    Options
    Wow, wow and wow! :flowerforyou: Keep going strong! So proud of you.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    That is awesome!!
  • mamakathy
    mamakathy Posts: 130
    Options
    Love NSV's, congrats on all 3!
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    very nice....i love looking at my collar bones in the mirror :tongue:
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

But pardon my ignorance ... I'm English. What is an NSV?

And whilst asking, what does "bump" mean in a follow-on message??

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to the OP! What a fantastic day so far :)
    "non-scale victory"
    And whilst asking, what does "bump" mean in a follow-on message??
    it brings the post back up in the message boards. also saves it under "my topics" as things you've replied to, if you want to review them later
  • Jillong
    Jillong Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll get the hang of this American lingo eventually!!
  • Dawntodusk
    Options
    "non-scale victory"

I'm American and didn't know what it was when I first saw it either. :-)
  • kmac420
    kmac420 Posts: 24
    Options
    the humerus is the bone in the upper arm. The clavicle is the collarbone that you are probably referencing.
  • kkruse08
    kkruse08 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    yes and thanks for asking the bump question i have been wondering about that one.
  • lindainak
    lindainak Posts: 101
    Options
    I just threw out a too large bra this morning and bought a pair of smaller jeans yesterday. I bought them a tiny bit snugger than I like so I can keep losing. Went to the symphony the other night and oh my goodness...none of my pants fit. On one hand I was elated but on the other hand I have three pairs of that same brand and size and they were not cheap.
  • rocky03
    rocky03 Posts: 55
    Options
    great job!! nothing like a natural high!!
  • Dawntodusk
    Options
    the humerus is the bone in the upper arm. The clavicle is the collarbone that you are probably referencing.

I looked at an anatomical diagram before posting. The clavicle is higher up in the collar - and I've been able to see that for a while, but the humerus is right at the top of the shoulder - like a bulb - and it's the one that is now exposed somewhat when I move my arm like I was while brushing my teeth. It used to be all fat, but now I can see the shape of a bone under there. Does that make sense?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!