Easter Dessert Recipe!

Options
Hey guys and gals!

Looking for a good dessert recipe for Easter tomorrow, preferebly low cal, but thats not a must!

Replies

• DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    baked custard. Sweet, indulgent, good protein. Makes a great hot breakfast, too!

or greek yogurt and fresh fruit.

It's a holiday. Screw calorie counting, LOL
  • helbohn
    helbohn Posts: 44
    Options
    skinnytaste.com! great recipe site! love it! there is a recipe for coconut bliss cupcakes. and many others. happy easter. :-)
  • ducksinarow
    Options
    We have decided to scale down the Easter dinner this year...we always have way to much food! We have decided to do a light meal and then fresh fruits and some melted chocolate--we can dip a little or a lot and eat the fruit with or without chocolate. And I am doing several types of fresh fruits--apples, bananas, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, raspberries, kiwi, oranges, pineapple, and melons--I figure some are good dipped in chocolate and the others can just be eaten without...but without feeling too guilty about eating dessert.
  • Southboundnana
    Options
    Fat free sugar free pudding with fruit and fat free cool whip.

Layer them in a pretty glass and enjoy
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My grandma is taking a pie crust, filling it with sliced strawberries (covered with a little bit of sugar) and topping off with a layer of Cool Whip. I don't think would have that many calories..
  • brooke_g0501
    brooke_g0501 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Whoopie Pies! I found this low fat recipe, and actually just finished making it for Easter! I added food coloring to the fluff for spring colors! We cant wait to try them!

http://www.eatbetteramerica.com/recipes/desserts/chocolate/whoopie-pies.aspx
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I will be serving some Europeans cookies (from Costco), for my grandchildren, with milk, and fresh strawberries, apples, and grapes. I will be mixing greek yogurt, probably vanilla flavor, with some Coolwhip to serve with the fruit as a dip.

I am not big on deserts and I don't bake, and this is easy to put together. I don't like cookies so I am safe with the fruit and dip.
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Coconut Carrot Easter Cupcakes made by the ToneItUp team, haven't tried them, but they sound really good

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine dry ingredients:
    -1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    -1/2 cup vanilla protein powder (organic, no chemical added protein powder best)
    -1/4 cup shredded, no sugar added coconut flakes
    -1 tbs ground cinnamon
    -2 tsp baking soda
    -1/2 tsp sea salt
    -1/4 cup organic sugar
    -2 tbs natural stevia powder..or 6 packets of stevia natural sweetner

Add one a time to dry mix with a whisk...

-2 egg whites
    -1 whole egg
    -1/4 cup canola oil
    -1/4 cup nonfat plain organic Greek yogurt (this will add moisture) you can substitute applesauce for this
    -3 tsp vanilla extract

***After all is mixed, add 2 cups Grated Carrots (from cheese grater) and add 1/4 cup chopped pecans and walnuts (mixed)
    Spray olive pam on paper liners in cupcake pan. Pour mix no more than 1/2 to 3/4 full (do not overfill). Mini cupcake trays work best.
    Bake for 14-17 min or until middle is cooked (use toothpick). Let cool before you frost them.

FROSTING :

Whip together
    -1 cup light cream cheese
    -1/2 cup plain, low fat Greek yogurt
    -1/2 tsp vanilla extract
    -1/2 tsp coconut extract
    -1 cup organic powdered sugar
    -top cupcakes with coconut flakes

You can crush rasberries to make the frosting pink too! Add a little mint extract if you wish :) enjoy