Proud of myself - my 2 month progress update :)

Options
abyssfully
abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
In the first month of starting my weight loss journey I lost 6.5" off my body and 9.4 lbs.

In the second month of my weight loss journey I lost another 5" off my body and 4.2 lbs. The only way I can explain the incredible inches lost yet having a more mild weight loss is that I must be exchanging fat for muscle and therefore changing the shape of my body! I definitely look and feel more toned. BIG difference.

This totals 11.5" lost and 13.6 lbs (17 lbs from my heaviest.)

Since working out (mostly strength training with mild - moderate cardio) and eating healthier I've gone from 190.6 lbs (194 lbs at my heaviest) to 177.0 lbs in two months! I'm 5'8" tall.

People are definitely seeing the difference - and so do I - but the greatest accomplishment is how great I feel.

And I'm loving the return of my jaw line, haha!

You can do it too, MFPals! <3

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    excellent job, you have every right to be proud!
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You should be very proud - WTG!
  • promiseskept
    Options
    That was the biggest clencher for me, was getting "MY" face back!!
    Since December until now, I have lost 11 inces off my waist and 31 lbs. I have 60 more to go, but it is happening and I love finding the me that I enjoy, the fat me was a downer to my health and happieness!!
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Congrats and thank you for saying the following "but the greatest accomplishment is how great I feel." I constantly try and tell people to not worry about what they look like but how they feel as the physical/visual changes they seek will come in due time but the way you feel is within a couple of weeks.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Way to go girl!! Excellent job!! :smile:
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    that's great!! :) I've been at it for 2 months and lost 10 lbs but i don't think many inches... too bad i didn't measure until i was a month in... thanks for the motivation!!!!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Awesome!!!
    Keep up the great work!
  • hooma
    hooma Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You're an inspiration! Similar SW and GW, I've lost 6 lbs so far this month and I'm hoping I'll see results like yours!
  • SSawney
    SSawney Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    congrats amazing job keep up the good work
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! You can do it! You look wonderful :)
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!
  • bluedecor
    bluedecor Posts: 28
    Options
    Yahoo! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!