Calories burnt using videos?

Options
New to myfitnesspal. I'm frustrated that I can't seem to calculate calories burnt or track minutes when using my exercise videos. To enter strength exercises, you have to actually know the reps and it requires weight be entered. I use popular videos by Cathe Freiderick and Jari Love. Wouldn't it be cool if there were a database that had that info in it? How do you deal with that issue?

Replies

• redmenacenh
    redmenacenh Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would log the videos as aerobic exercise for however many minutes you did. At least you're putting some in there.
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I bought a heart rate monitor and add them in on my own.
  • lvigue
    lvigue Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just typed in pilates for a pilates video and put the minutes.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Standard answer of investing in a HRM, preferably with a chest strap so you don't have to interrupt your routine of manually having the watch check your HR every few minutes. Plus, the chest strap provides more of an accurate estimate.
  • cfer843625
    Options
    I use biggest loser dvds and when I first started I entered them under aerobics, general. I recently got a hrm and the actual calories burned are a little higher than what I was entering at first, but its still close so until you can get an hrm thats what you should do!! Good luck!!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    with Jillian Michaels 30DS I put it down under Circuit training, with the minutes I did.