College kid with very little time needs help with finding ex

Options
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on fitting in workouts and excerise with really busy and tight schedules? Any tips would be extremley helpful!!!!

Thanks,
Shanan Ryan

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    Tabata

HIIT

google them :-)

Best of luck!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Jumping Jacks and Jump Rope burn alot of calories in a VERY short amount of time. Try doing that for 5-10 minutes in the morning. Walk every where on campus. Park in the farthest parking spot from the building. Use the stairs.

AND EAT CLEAN!!!!!

Good luck! :)
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    LOL Shanan I thought you lost your ex-boyfriend or something!! Anyway - rest assured, if you are busy now, you will only be MORE busy later!! So- find time for exercise now! At one of the gyms where I go there is a cartoon on the bulletin board with a doctor talking to a patient. The doctor says, "So if you can't find an hour a day to get exercise, how are you going to find 24 hours a day to be DEAD?!?"

Anyway- IDK what is your schedule but you have to start now to find time in life for the important things. These include time for your health (exercise and healthy food), time for your family and time for your spiritual life of whatever sort you have. The exact time will depend on your own schedule but it could be early in the morning (if your classes start later), it could be at midday or in the evening. Pick a time that works for you and stick to it!! Also, pick an exercise plan that is possible for you and that you enjoy. If you can do it with friends, all the better because you encourage each other and it "doubles: as social time.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Make time for yourself. If your giving to much to others you'll burn out. Being a little selfish is a good thing. High intensity workouts will deliver the best burn in the least time. Weight training continues to burn calories after you've finished working out.
  • harmonykay
    Options
    Get some workout dvds. Some of them are 30 mins. long. That way u can do it when ever u have time. Im a working mother with kids that play sports. So I have very little time to workout too. thats what works for me. Good Luck!!!!!i
  • ShananLenoreRyan
    Options
    I guess it cut my topic name short. It was supossed to say excerise!!!! Thanks everyone for the advice!!!!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Lol That's why I first clicked on it. Was wondering who would look for their ex on mfp haha.
  • rosec005
    rosec005 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred! Or become a bodyrocker if you're really hard core http://www.bodyrock.tv/
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    Lol That's why I first clicked on it. Was wondering who would look for their ex on mfp haha.
    Me too - what an unfortunate place to cut off the sentence :smile:
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have a really lax schedule this semester but working virtually full time and taking care of other things makes up for the lack of school work. Find 20 minutes in a day and just work out. If you have to break it into 10 minutes, go for it!
  • oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    Whatever time you allot yourself for exercise, whether it's 15 mins or 30 minutes, make sure you give it your ALL or you'll be selling yourself short.

Don't forget about warming up and cooling down, too. :)