Late Night Snack Attack!

Options
Help! I am very disciplined about my diet and exercise all day. Then when I get home from work I usually sabotage all of my hard work with an uncontrollable urge to snack. Has anyone else out there have had the same problem and conquered it? I could have reached my goal by now, but unfortunately I turn into a little pigggy at night! :(

Replies

• otheracco
    Options
    I did have the urge every night, but now it's mostly gone. If I do want something, I still make sure I'm under my calories for the day. If I'm not, I make sure to work my overages off the next day.

Truth is, it's been a couple weeks now and I don't really get the urges much anymore. I'm used to being a little hungry.
  • nzgirl_02
    nzgirl_02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am exactly the same. Will be watching for any tips. I know I was better when I used to knit?
  • kellylou1367
    kellylou1367 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem, it's mainly on a weekend when I am off because I work 8am-6pm during the week so that stops me from picking at food. I am able to control what I eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner but it is when it gets to about 8pm on a night I get a bit peckish and just decide to pig out, I've just had a litre of chocolate milk and feel absolutely ill from it now, but I find pigging out till I feel sick helps me get back on track to eating healthy because it puts me off eating rubbish.
  • kellylou1367
    kellylou1367 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What I have started to do now though, is have some homemade healthy dips prepared in the fridge to snack on when I feel peckish, like hummus and spicy carrot dip with some vegetable crudites.