Zumba for wii

Options
Has anyone tried this?? I'm not one to go to the gym..just shy dancin' in front of others.I came across the Zumba for the wii..and was curious of "real" reviews before I actually buy it??? Thanks for any info that you have..
~Amanda

Replies

• spaztastic13
    Options
    I have it and love it worth the money for sure...!!!!!!
  • shulaw
    shulaw Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    i have it and i like it the senser can be a little bit slow sometimes but all in all its a good workout if you want it to be
  • DreaMartinez
    Options
    I agree with carpenterselena1, very worth the money! I have it, and do it every morning M-F and LOVE it and feel like I'm getting a really good workout!
  • SweetTooth68
    SweetTooth68 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Is it also any good for people who are not terribly good at dancing?? I am USELESS at the Michael Jackson one!!!
  • classicshell
    Options
    I love this game, and honestly...I SUCK AT DANCING. I have no coordination, and I probably just look like a flailing fish out of water when I do it, but that's not the point. The point is I work up a sweat, get a good work out, and have fun while doing it! :)

Definitely worth the money spent on it.
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    my friend has it and it is SOO much fun! <3 it! So excited to get it for myself!!! Good luck!
  • sweetness48
    Options
    Love it! The sensor is really picky though. But it's not about the score for me....as long as I'm shakin' it, I'm getting a workout!
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    Is it also any good for people who are not terribly good at dancing?? I am USELESS at the Michael Jackson one!!!

I cant dance worth a crap....but its a good workout trying to figure out the footwork...lol
  • Pratvaidya
    Options
    I have not tried Zumba Wii, and it may be terrific. However, I would highly recommend doing Zumba in gym. Like you, I was a bit shy in the beginning to do it in front of others, but realized very quickly that every one is more or less in the same boat and you can do it at your own pace . For example, I take a lot of water-sip breaks. A great instructor, plus energey from others make all the difference. I absolutely look forward to it all week.
  • scraig77
    scraig77 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have it & I love it. I am not very corridinated but it is a good work out & I have fun doing it
  • ChunkyMonkey207
    ChunkyMonkey207 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! I will buy it for sure..BTW,Im pretty new on this site..and it's AWESOME!
    ~Amanda
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm probably not as keen as the other posters. I find the way the instructor is presented slightly annoying (it's like Just Dance so it looks like a negative rather than a real person), you need a lot of space and my living room is too small, I found the steps hard to get to grips with (have never done latin at all), sometimes the game expects you to have the controler in your hand but doesn't tell you (like in the cool down and the tutorial for some of the reggetron steps) and I think for me a class would be more fun.

However, you do burn a good amount of calories doing it, it is very good at working your whole body without you realising, I think if i wasn't so concerned about the amount of space I have to work in I could really get into it and enjoy it more and the music is quite nice to listen to.

Overall I think it's a good workout.

Hope thats useful!

Genie
  • Hirondelle
    Hirondelle Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I bought it a few days ago and I tried it today for the first time. It is so much fun!! I don't feel comfortable in a gym either so it works out great for me. I can just do whatever I want and dance without feeling pressured or intimidated.
  • spaztastic13
    Options
    I'm probably not as keen as the other posters. I find the way the instructor is presented slightly annoying (it's like Just Dance so it looks like a negative rather than a real person), you need a lot of space and my living room is too small, I found the steps hard to get to grips with (have never done latin at all), sometimes the game expects you to have the controler in your hand but doesn't tell you (like in the cool down and the tutorial for some of the reggetron steps) and I think for me a class would be more fun.

However, you do burn a good amount of calories doing it, it is very good at working your whole body without you realising, I think if i wasn't so concerned about the amount of space I have to work in I could really get into it and enjoy it more and the music is quite nice to listen to.

Hope thats useful!

Genie

Do you have the belt for it...your supposed to put the controller in the belt cuz it tracks your hip movement..instead of like on just dance with the controller in hand!!!!
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    oh wow i had no idea the cool down required it to be in hand i was wondering why i wasn't getting any credit for it hahahaha
  • Suzannejl
    Suzannejl Posts: 212
    Options
    Glad to hear all the positive comments because I have it on good authority that the Easter Bunny is putting one in my Basket! ;-)
  • arieltheincredible
    arieltheincredible Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I loooooooooooooooooove this gam hahaha I am a full-time student and a full-time worker and honestly the gas to go to the campus rec is too much just to go for a class. I have gone to the class and go when i need that extra boost (and need to get out of the house lol) and I feel the game is a lot like class. I recommend it to anyone and everyone!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I asked about this game the other day here on mfp and it seems most people preferred just dance
    for the wii. I have just dance and can burn almost 600 calories in 1 hour and up to 4 people can
    play at a time. It really is fun.
  • Genie30
    Genie30 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

Hope thats useful!

Genie

Do you have the belt for it...your supposed to put the controller in the belt cuz it tracks your hip movement..instead of like on just dance with the controller in hand!!!!

Yeah, thanks. I have the belt for it but for some of the moves it expects the controller to be in your hand. i can't rememeber the tutorial name but its the Regetron Chest Pump type one and the cool down.