What are your Easter plans?

Options
I'm going grocery shopping with the boyfriend. Woo big day!

Replies

• Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Church and family
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Easter dinner with my husband's family. Trying to plan what and how much I can eat. Also loading up on excersize calories today to help cover the excess.
  • KristenAnn711
    Options
    Our family is back in Michigan, where we're from so it's just us this year.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Easter egg hunt and dinner at my Nieces with her family and our kids. Were having crab legs and shrimp! Yay! Can't wait! = )
  • Nanadena
    Nanadena Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Our family is just 3 but it is fine.
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    work 930a-8p and hope to be able to eat a late dinner with my family... Happy Easter everyone! Remeber, jesus is the reason for the season!
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Easter service tonight and then dinner with the family (husband's side). Tomorrow is the Easter egg hunt with the kids (they're 16 & 18 - lol!) and a day at home with our own family.

Happy Easter!!
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Church, and dinner at the inlaws. Usually some sort of egg hunt.
  • tamiller93
    tamiller93 Posts: 195
    Options
    My aunt is flying in from MN, and my mom, sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew are having dinner at my grandmother's house. I am really nervous and wondering if I can practice some self-control, calorie-wise.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hosting my Dad, and my sister and her family. There's only 6 of us, but I just decided last weekend to host. Spent most of the week cleaning instead of exercising, but I've made alot of progress.

Burning calories mowing today for the big food fest tomorrow!

And thankful to God for sending Jesus to us!
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    hmm probably still be flat on my back, and trying to convince my son he does not HAVE to eat all his candy in one day.
    its just me my mom and son for dinner this year so dont have to worry about it being a challenge
  • jeannas
    jeannas Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Well I royally screwed up!

I told my family to be ready for church at 4pm today, since my middle daughter is working from 7am to 2pm tomorrow serving the seniors breakfast and lunch at the nursing home. I checked on the church's website again to double check (two of our parishes merged and there are new times etc) and yup..all set..or so I thought. I get there at 3:30..to get a seat..and no one is there. We called the rectory and realized they didn't update the website for Easter vigil..which is only at 8pm...My bad... So now we can't go tonight and looks like it will be only 3 of us for mass at noon tomorrow. Oh well!

So tomorrow once my daughter gets home from work, we will have a traditional chicken dinner. We haven't had one in so long and it used to be their #1 favorite meal. After dinner the four of us will go to my mom's for dessert..my sister and her family are going there for dinner (we were invited too..but no one wanted ham!). I will be missing my oldest daughter who is in college in DC..this is the first Easter or Holiday she hasn't been with us..I am hoping to not be too sad!

As far as MFP goes.. I am going to enjoy the day but I will workout in the a.m. while youngest daughter sleeps (she will sleep til at least 11 am!) . I won't have any mashed potatoes..but I will have stuffing..its my absolute favorite part of the chicken dinner! I won't have any rolls but I will have dessert at my mom's..strawberry shortcake (only half a shortcake though!) and I will try and refrain from eating any chocolate eggs ...but I can't make any promises!?

Peace and Blessings to all...and hope everyone has a nice holiday!
  • locomotion
    Options
    Party, party, party and Easter egg hunt of course :bigsmile:
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! My daughter is with my ex husband this year for Easter Morning, so I am putting some baby carrots in a little basket with a bow, placing it outside my door and then sending her a photo so she knows we made an offering for the Easter Bunny this year, even if she wasn't here!! And tonight, I will be putting her basket together. And I am planning a treasure hunt with plastic eggs, which will send her all over the house to try and find her basket tomorrow. :bigsmile: The final egg will be in her basket, informing her that 20 others filled with random things were hidden in the yard!! Then we are settling in for a healthy family dinner, and then dying some eggs tomorrow night. I am excited!
  • vicki9168
    vicki9168 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Just three of us and only plans are planning meals, none of which are good. The rest of our families are too far away.
    We are going to Brissie next weekend to see my daughter/grand daughter.
  • mursey
    mursey Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I'm going the annual Easter Big Wheel Race. Adults racing down windy hills on Big Wheels and toy cars in costumes.

http://www.jonbrumit.com/byobw.html