Well, Yuck

Options
Not looking forward to my inevitable weight loss stall for the next few days. I'll be slightly under calories, but a couple of food choices are beyond questionable and I know they'll stall me. X-D

After dinner tomorrow? Apple pie. Not even homemade. After dinner the next night? It's my oldest's birthday - cake. Gah! The scale is going to bore me until the end of next week. All that processed sugar ends the game for a while. :-/

Replies

• talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Then let's be upset together ;)

Tomorrow we're doing gourmet dinner. All in all that means for me a LOT of meat, although grilled without oil, and a few potatoes and vegetables. Monday morning, a big brunch of bread, lots of eggs (another favorite) and mackerel and salmon and roastbeef and.. *starts drooling*

The only way to counter it is by doing a bit of extra exercise.. and forgive the scale for those bit higher numbers tuesday...
  • MarciaCocker
    Options
    Yes, but by your weight loss to date, you have this game figured out! Don't stress yourself over a special occasion, but be realistic about it!
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    We all have a bad week from time to time. I know birthday parties with my family are terrible! Mom always says it's bad luck if everyone present doesn't eat cake, so she guilts everyone in to eating. Then, because she doesn't want it around for the next week, she doles out huge pieces. I know I could just not eat the whole piece, but I was raised in one of those "we don't waste food!" households, and still have some of that 'eat everything on your plate' mentality in grained in me. When I'm at home, I start with a half serving of everything on my plate, and then add the other half after I finish the first round, and only add on the 2nd half of the stuff I really want.

Sorry, for the ramble. Don't kick yourself over it, at least you're prepared for it to happen. Sometimes things come up that give us all a bad spot that stalls things a bit, but we can over come it later :). Happy birthday to your child, btw!
  • Ty_1227
    Ty_1227 Posts: 40
    Options
    You might be surprised! First off big time congratulations for how far you come already! Plateaus are inevitable, but my personal philosophy is not to nit pick every food. You clearly have been doing the work to consistently stay within your net calories and obviously all calories aren't created equal but those two splurges won't make any lasting impact.

Some people plateau at a weight for as much as a month! Frustrating, but w/ encouragement and persistence you'll overcome. And in the worst case scenario, EVEN if your plateau lasted more than a month there are some pretty simple tricks you can look at to boost your BMR again and keep sliding down the scale.

Good luck and keep focused on the numerous positive things you can pat yourself on the back with instead of one or two slip ups!
  • brandilea_willoughby
    Options
    Congratulations on your success thus far!! Just make sure to drink plenty of water before each temptation :)
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Yes, but by your weight loss to date, you have this game figured out! Don't stress yourself over a special occasion, but be realistic about it!

Great thing about being realistic - you don't have to like it. In fact, you're expected not to. :-D

I'm not super stressed about it, it's just not going to be a very exciting week numbers-wise. The next week, however, may be interesting if my body *expects* cups of refined sugar and amps itself up to burn it (it won't be getting any ... shhhh! :-D ).

And the babka that just came out of the oven smells AMAZING. Not having any of it for at least three days when I can fit it in my calories. Good thing there are four loaves. :-D