Eggs

Options
Hey I just thought I would share this with you guys. I read an article in Woman's World (I think) today that said eating eggs every morning at breakfast is one of the best ways to lose weight. And that people who do eat eggs for breakfast will on the average consume 400 calories less a day. Also they did a study where each group ate the same number of calories a day, but one group at eggs for breakfast and the other ate a bagel of the same caloric value and the egg people ended up losing more. It has something to do with the type of protein in eggs and that that kind of protein can stay with you for up to 24 hours.

It never said how many eggs to eat for breakfast, but I think you are suppose to have two, because it had some different menu plans and each had two eggs listed.

Hope you find this helpful.

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Hey I just thought I would share this with you guys. I read an article in Woman's World (I think) today that said eating eggs every morning at breakfast is one of the best ways to lose weight. And that people who do eat eggs for breakfast will on the average consume 400 calories less a day. Also they did a study where each group ate the same number of calories a day, but one group at eggs for breakfast and the other ate a bagel of the same caloric value and the egg people ended up losing more. It has something to do with the type of protein in eggs and that that kind of protein can stay with you for up to 24 hours.

It never said how many eggs to eat for breakfast, but I think you are suppose to have two, because it had some different menu plans and each had two eggs listed.

Hope you find this helpful.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I just read that in Womens Health. I would watch the yokes if you eat hard boiled. The diet menu they have in there is eating eggs (whites) almost every morning.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    This artical never said anything about the yolks, but I would definately watch it if you have cholestoral or blood preasure problems. But the yolks are actually packed clear full of nutrition. Here is one site that pretty much says if you aren't eating the yolk why bother with the white. http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/Egg_Yolk.html Anyway I just thought it was interesting. there is no way I could eat eggs every morning
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I love eggs, I have a history of high cholesterol in my family so I stick mainly to egg whites. I have 3-4 egg white omletes a week, my favorite is 4 egg whites with about 4 cherry tomatoes, 1/4 avacado, a tbsp of jalapenos....mmmm., and 1/2 oz light cheese. Gets me nice and spicy first thing! :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    It is proven that a protein and a starch (Egg with one slice of toast) is the best breakfast because it keeps you in "good blood sugar".

The protein breaks down slowly - gives you energy into the afternoon and the start breaks down faster giving you energy in the morning.

all those people who yawn and feel tired after lunch probably had a heavy carb or sugary breakfast, they had no protein to carry them to the afternoon. Lunch gets a bad rap! :cry:
  • azlips2003
    azlips2003 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've been eating lite whole wheat toast (2 slices/80 calories), scrambles egg whites, a slice of 2% american cheese and a slice of canadian bacon. The whole thing ends up being right around 250 calories. It's not an egg mcmuffin, but it's pretty darned good. It fills me up too! :drinker:
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I eat eggs every morning and I have been losing weight , they are good for you and keep you energized for hours.My doctor said eggs are good for you one yr and bad the next so just dont over do it and its ok.
  • karathrace
    Options
    Really? Oh that's great news! I love eggs! I need to eat them in the morning now because school started and I get hungry in minutes after I get to class in the morning.