Just started, lost 11 lbs in 12 days

Options
Hi!!! My name is Kristen & I joined MyFitnessPal awhile ago, but never used it until I got the App. I absolutely LOVVVVE the APP =))
Anyways I have 5 months until my wedding, and Im super motivated and just started loosing. Ive been TRYING to LOSE for the last 4 years, and...nothing...I gave up and tried diet pills..NOTHING. Then I found something that worked for me...thank GOODNESS! Anyways, is anyone else on here trying to lose before their wedding? =)

Blessings!
Kristen

Replies

• sjones03
    sjones03 Posts: 1
    Options
    What seems to be working for you? Im up for any tips! :)
  • SusieB01
    SusieB01 Posts: 89
    Options
    Woah! 11 lbs. in 12 days! What are you eating? You're losing awfully fast. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad you found something that works for you. Just be careful and don't lose too fast! Don't make yourself sick!

I really like the app too.
  • Jennifer1001
    Options
    Wow that is awsome!!! I wish you all the best for your special day =] But how did you manage to lose 11lbs in 12 days (that must be a record) What did you find that finally worked for you???? Sorry for the trouble but I've been trying to lose weight for the past 2 months and everything's going in an extremely SLOW pace (I only lost 4lbs since I started) =]
  • Jonicha26
    Jonicha26 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    seriously... what are you doing??!
  • pinkdueces
    Options
    Im getting married in June 2012. I have been using myfitnesspal for almost a week, and havent checked the scale to check my progress yet, I have awhile until the wedding, but I have alot of weight to lose. I am currently 170lbs, and have no idea how I have managed to get to this point. I am only 5'3, and hope to get down to 120lbs. I was always steady 120lbs until I got pregnant, my son is already 14 months old, and i have no excuse for my weight gain. I have gained alot of weight since having him. Im open for tips as well!!! I have been eating from 1100-1600 calories per day, and feel alot better. I used to fill myself up to no end, and always feel bloated, and disgusting. I hope this works for me!! I have no other options, and Im determined to do this.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling motivated and having success, but I wouldn't suggest continuing to lose this fast...to you or anyone else. Everyone I know who's lost that quickly has gained it back very quickly. From what I understand, if you lose it slower, it's easier to keep it off! Having said that, if you are very heavy, the quicker you can lose and still have it be safe. But you don't look near big enough to be losing that quickly! 1-2 lbs. a week is the suggested healthy amount to lose unless you have 100 lbs to lose or something! Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • healinghands111
    healinghands111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I eliminated:
    *all types of sugars from my diet
    *wheat
    * soy
    * corn
    *all oils except coconut oil for sautee'ing, for sugar free flavor in my coffee, smoothies, etc.

Otherwise I ONLY use unsalted butter, and olive oil. Fresh herbs, pepper, or Celtic Sea Salt.

Im eating as much organic as possible, even grass fed (not corn fed) beef, organic eggs are a must, I eat fruits and veggies that eliminate belly fat as much as possible, and snack on nuts, and have UPPED my water intake, and lowered my coffee intake.

If you scroll through different posts on my Blog, youll see lots of research Ive found as to what kills belly fat and what TO do and what NOT to do:
    http://xavionsmum.blogspot.com

Blessings!!!
    Kristen
  • healinghands111
    Options
    Wow that is awsome!!! I wish you all the best for your special day =] But how did you manage to lose 11lbs in 12 days (that must be a record) What did you find that finally worked for you???? Sorry for the trouble but I've been trying to lose weight for the past 2 months and everything's going in an extremely SLOW pace (I only lost 4lbs since I started) =]

I used to have an amazing body and loved how I looked, and then I went through 2 pregnancys and c-sections within 2 years of eachother and I gainnnnnnned soo much and the only thing that had ever worked previously for me was Atkins...so I tried it..but couldnt stay on it. THEN I started having sugar problems because of my gain. My sister lost using diet pills...so I ordered some (Id NEVER done diet pills! Sooo unhealthy and bad for you and your heart!)...and they did NOTHING. So I stopped taking them, and out of nowhere found this diet called, The Diet Solution" Its more like an anti-diet...just a few changes I didnt know I needed to make...and voila! Thank GOD for it! I want to be around for my kids...not die because Im obese. =)) So hopefully the scale keeps dropping...either way I FEEL amazing...my blood sugar is balanced, and Im really happy with this way of eating. You even have cheat days. When I cheat...I dont go overboard...I am careful of portions and just take little bites....I just cant go UP anymore on the scale...Im soo HAPPY to finally find something thats making the scale move in the right direction.

I bought a bike and a bike trailer to put my two littlest in, and weve started to slowly get more active...anyyyy activity is better than what I did HAVE...which is little. So...thats what Im doing =))
  • healinghands111
    Options
    I'm glad you're feeling motivated and having success, but I wouldn't suggest continuing to lose this fast...to you or anyone else. Everyone I know who's lost that quickly has gained it back very quickly. From what I understand, if you lose it slower, it's easier to keep it off! Having said that, if you are very heavy, the quicker you can lose and still have it be safe. But you don't look near big enough to be losing that quickly! 1-2 lbs. a week is the suggested healthy amount to lose unless you have 100 lbs to lose or something! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

I know people should lose slowly, I used to be a physical trainer, Ive studied health and nutrition all my life (my mother, aunts, grandmas were all nurses, and I am a total hippie and have always used naturalopaths for my family and I and my animals...my grandpa was Indian and we do alot of natural ways to heal also. Ive shopped at Trader Joes since I was little with my mom who was a total hippie too. I am a Reiki Practitioner, and was a nurse for 12 years for an alzheimers/schitzophrenic patient, I was a vegetarian for 5 years...I promise you I know about nutrition. =)) Im not going about this haphazardly) . =)))))

And THANK YOU for saying I dont look all that big but ohhhhh honey I AM. LOL! Ive gone from being 145 to 235 in 4 YEARS =((
    Im at 218 rt now. Im learning soo much from Mark Geary and Isabel De Los Rios. =)) If it wasnt for them...I wouldnt be loosing now =))
  • healinghands111
    Options
    P.s...Sadly, I have at least 63 more lbs to lose, and even THEN I'll be considered overweight on the medical books. But I like me at that weight =))
  • avocat01
    avocat01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday. I don't want to deceive myself into thinking I'm not going to eat a lot on Easter Day. But I'm really motivated by a lot of the posts I've seen on this site, and even though I've been really discouraged lately, I feel like when I start seeing results I'll push myself to work even harder.

SW - 150
    CW - 150
    GW - 135

Please feel free to post any tips you have. To be honest, I really love all the wrong foods so this is going to be really difficult for me. But I'm determined to see results.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options

I used to have an amazing body and loved how I looked, and then I went through 2 pregnancys and c-sections within 2 years of eachother and I gainnnnnnned soo much and the only thing that had ever worked previously for me was Atkins...so I tried it..but couldnt stay on it. THEN I started having sugar problems because of my gain. My sister lost using diet pills...so I ordered some (Id NEVER done diet pills! Sooo unhealthy and bad for you and your heart!)...and they did NOTHING. So I stopped taking them, and out of nowhere found this diet called, The Diet Solution" Its more like an anti-diet...just a few changes I didnt know I needed to make...and voila! Thank GOD for it! I want to be around for my kids...not die because Im obese. =)) So hopefully the scale keeps dropping...either way I FEEL amazing...my blood sugar is balanced, and Im really happy with this way of eating. You even have cheat days. When I cheat...I dont go overboard...I am careful of portions and just take little bites....I just cant go UP anymore on the scale...Im soo HAPPY to finally find something thats making the scale move in the right direction.

I bought a bike and a bike trailer to put my two littlest in, and weve started to slowly get more active...anyyyy activity is better than what I did HAVE...which is little. So...thats what Im doing =))

Ok. Glad you are informed. You never know on here. Well if you're 213 lbs, then you sure carry your weight well, because I would have guessed more like 150 lbs. from your profile picture! :noway: That's awesome that you're eating so healthy and feeling so great -- that's definitey the biggest gift! Congrats and best of luck!
  • healinghands111
    Options
    OMG can I HUG you? 150?! Pshhh I WISH!!! =))