HCG diet

Options
ScrewyChars-2957328

Replies

• HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    500 calories a day is what makes you lose weight, not the drops themselves. As a former ED sufferer, I wouldn't wish that low calorie count on anyone....most peoples bodies need at least 1200 to survive. If it is doctor monitored, then great, but otherwise it's just another get thin quick and gain it back later scam. My mother has been using it for a few years and always gains back...never understands why.
    The number one way to lose weight is to eat right and exercise. That is hard for most people to accept because it is such hard work. Things are hard for a reason. If it was all so easy, no one in this country would be overweight or obese. That's why companies come out with these scam diets....they know people want results now and will pay anything to do it no matter what the consequences are to their consumers bodies.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    well this is watched over by a DR .
  • annielmeehan
    Options
    Be very careful, lots of recalls
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hopefully that doctor is a certified nutritionist. That would be the best person to monitor it. But why they would recommend starvation as a a good way to lose weight is beyond me. I'm done starving myself. I'll stick with old school stuff of food in moderation and exercise.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    You will definitely find people on here who are negative toward the hcg protocol. I was very skeptical when my doctor told me 2 months ago he wanted me to try this. He believed it would get me past the plateau I had been on. I almost changed doctors because of it, but my husband and I decided to try it. And I tell you that in the last 43 days I have lost 18 pounds and my husband has lost 36. I am no longer against this protocol. I have more energy than I have had in years. I an at the end of phase II today and will begin Phase III tomorrow (yeah I can have ham for Easter dinner!) and will be going back on the hcg in 3 weeks once Phase III is completed.

There is no one size fits all when it comes to weight loss. Each person's body is unique. For me, I cannot lose weight if I am eating over 1,000 calories so needless to say I NEVER eat back my exercise calories. I am under a doctors care and monitored (including weekly lab tests being run). I don't care what anyone says, I have found what works for me. The low calorie diet alone would make you lose the weight, but I can attest to the fact that the drops take away cravings and hunger feelings. I absolutely LOVE this protocol, but to be honest I would not personally recommend it to anyone who has less than 80 pounds to lose. It causes a huge calorie deficit which is fine for extreme obesity cases, but is not safe for those who only have a few pounds to lose.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    I am to finally find someone that has something positive to say .. I have at least 100 pounds to lose to!!! thats my first goal. ultimately I would like to be down 120 pounds :)
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    glad*