New and terribly frightened!

Options
I have over 100 pounds to lose and I really don't know where to start.
I live in Oklahoma City, close to 50. It's time for a life change.
Any suggestions on where to start?

Replies

• findingfreedom
    Options
    You posting this first message is the right place to start!! You will find lots of wonderful people on here as well as great ideas/suggestions on the forums. Feel free to add me :)
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    First off, there are plenty here who had or have 100 + pounds to lose. Check out the Success Forum. Wait until you see how far some have come! Wow!!!

Just take a deep breath, begin logging your food intake and go. Start adding exercise (if you're not exercising already) to your day and log that. And don't forget to get lots of friends support to cheer you on and motivate you when you feel like this is too hard.

In the end, it's more daunting to think about it than to actually do it. It becomes a habit so quickly, you'll be surprised. Soon, you do it without even thinking.

Good luck. Sending a friend request your way.
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    By joining and saying hello you've taken the first step. Now make some friends for mutual support and motivation. Then take it one day at a time. If you stumble that's okay - we all do. Just pick yourself back up and start again the next day. This is a new healthy lifestyle - that will last you the rest of your life! Welcome!!!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    this is the first step to starting joining up. Asking for help is the next and you did that. Food is always the best place to start. track your food notice the un healthy trends and start switching out different things in your diet for healthier options.
  • grace42d
    grace42d Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. Lao-tzu

Congratulations on taking that first step! With the second step, you will have doubled your progress, so keep moving forward.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You are here. You already are a step ahead of everyone else. You can do this!
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Well your here,so you got that out of the way and you posted pretty much straight away which a lot of people dont do,so again thats out of the way.So im thinking that now your here,you should enjoy it.There is no need to be frightened,you have made a wise decision.Every one on here is so helpful and so supportive.There is a wealth of knowledge just waiting to help you out if you require it.There wont be a question or scenario that someone somewhere wont be able to help you with.I would try and get a good friend base so that you have plenty of support along the way,it can be the biggest motivation just seeing other people succeed and of course you can look at their food diaries for further inspiration.Im sure that you will do just great and I wish you a whole lot of good luck and best wishes going forward....:smile:
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You took the right first step by joining in the first place. This is a great website! The people on here are awesome and they love nothing more than to support everyone and get support in return! You can get great information on here and everyone is more than willing to help you out on any question you ask. All you need to do now is have the determination to see it through, understand that sometimes you're going to stumble and fall off the wagon and directly into the fridge and when you do just to get up and keep going Watch what you eat; log everything that goes into your mouth and get some exercise in. Other than that....be happy with you and who you are. If you want to please feel free to add me. I also have over 100 lbs to lose.
  • cnstout
    cnstout Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello in Oklahoma from California!
    It IS scary when you think about the whole 100 lbs at once.
    It will take time and patience BUT
    you can do this!
    Little by little. Inch by inch. It WILL happen!
    I'm just starting today - this is my first posting.
    Keep coming on here to get encouragement.
    My daughter swears by this site.
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    Where do you start? Right here of course.. Good first step now start living like you want to lose weight its going to be hard at first but this is a life changer not a fad...1. Start to eat the right food, 2. Get it in your mind that you really want to succeed, 3. Exercise.
    4. Were all here if you need support and theres a lot of us here.... by the way Welcome...:)