Need to lose 100 lbs and have some physical limitations

Options
I am 40. I now weigh 214lbs. This is the most I have ever weighed on my 5'6" frame and I can tell it. I know what to do as far as exercising under normal circumstances but I am now in the middle of knee surgeries and am at a totaly loss as to what to do. 1200 calories a day makes me feel so hungry and I need to work out but don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be great! Thank you!

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Swimming is really low impact and is great cardio/all-over muscle workout. Otherwise, try some upper-body movements or maybe yoga and focus on moves that you know you can do.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I agree with the swimming. It will really help with any kind of knee rehabiliitation (sp?). You can always do upper body workouts just to keep everything in motion too.
  • SLGme
    SLGme Posts: 3
    Options
    I do aqua-aerobics and have one knee replaced and am going to have the other replaced this summer. Due to doing laps and a little aqua almost 7 years ago, I didn't have to have any physical therapy after leaving the hospital, which was a real plus. I went 6 years without my cane, and plan to do it all again this summer. The thing is that you are like 90% bouyant in the water, so you can move with ease. I am still up there but am slowly going down in weight. If I went more than 3 times a week, then I would probably lose faster. The cool thing about My Fitness Pal is that when you do exercise, you get extra calories, which you do need to consume. Good luck and I know you can do it.
  • Hbartels
    Hbartels Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you go to realage.com and use their You:On A Diet meal planner, you won't be able to go wrong. You'll be eating delicious, healthy foods all day long, always coming in under 1,200. I am never hungry with the Real Age meal plans and, the best part, your stomach and mind are retrained to crave healthy foods in reasonable portions. I've never lost healthy weight easier in my life than with this meal planner. I hope it works for you!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I agree. Swimming is great as long as your incisions have healed. I just had 5 hernias repaired the 7th of this month and I went swimming today. It didn't bother me at all. That is the lowest impact way to get exercise in my opinion. I am the same age as you and within 10 pounds of your weight. I also have physical limitations. I am hoping they lessen as I lose weight. Feel free to friend me. I wish you luck in your journey!

Angela