What exactly is "circuit training?"

KTalada
KTalada Posts: 47
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all!

I'm rather new to this site & have a question about logging my exercise daily. What exactly consitutes "circuit training?" The one DVD I do a lot is Leslie Sansone's 3 mile weight loss bootcamp which includes some light jogging & intervals of strength training with figure eight bands. Would this be circuit training or should I log it as "aerobics, general" with separate "strength training?" . I have other DVD's with strength training of upper & lower body at the same time & I'm not sure how to log these either.
Just not sure if I'm logging my exercise correcly

Thanks for your help! :smile:

Replies

• patriciadunn
    patriciadunn Posts: 8 Member
    I would say that is circuit training. When I did a boot camp in my town that is what they referred to it as.
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 780 Member
    Yep as far as I know that would be circuit training. Oh how do you like that Leslie Sansone DVD? I do a lot of her DVD's but I haven't picked that one up yet and was wondering if it was good??
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Sounds like circuit to me. Jillian Michael's shred video would also be circuit.

I think when you're circuiting at pass out/vomit speeds it classifies as HIIT (high intensity interval training) which, while I think it's awesome, I would never recommend unless you're cleared by a doctor because it brings your heart rate to potentially dangerous levels. :-)
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Another interesting one is FIT (Fartlek Interval Training) which has ZERO rhyme or reason to it - leaving your body in a constant state of chaos (in a good way). :-D
  • KTalada
    KTalada Posts: 47
    I absolutely LOVE that DVD!:heart: I paid $15.00 for the kit with the bands at WalMart & it is well worth every cent! Leslie adds some new moves on & the short bursts followed y the strength training really get you sweating! She's one of my faves, although her constant chatter sometimes annoys me. LOL! Since I've beeen doing this DVD every other day (only about a week or so) I already see a difference & have a pair of jeans that are falling off/too loose at the waist. YAY!

Have a great day! :happy:
This discussion has been closed.