I'm having a HUGE Easter Day BBQ....

Options
REman
REman Posts: 48 Member
I'm having a huge Easter Day BBQ with many friends. My goal is to serve several low-cal dishes and here is what I have so far. If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear them:

1. Meats are meats, of course. However, I'm also grilling many veggies and will have rice available. I've ditched the chips and salsa.

2. Ambrosia salad! This is my favorite and I found a great low-cal recipe.

3. air popped corn.

4. Veggie and hummus tray

5. Cole Slaw - Another friend is making this but I'm not entirely sure if it's low cal or not

That's it! If anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

Replies

• JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    :bigsmile: CARROTS!!!!!!!!
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm bringing a fruit tray to our gathering
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Where'd you find the recipe for the Ambrosia? Sounds like a winner.
  • REman
    REman Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Carrots - CHECK!

I found one on allrecipes.com. There are a few on there, I'm using this one: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/ambrosia-fruit-salad/Detail.aspx

Though the comments suggest cutting the spices in half. I'm going to do that.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    How about some fruit, like someone else said? What about a bean and corn salad?!
  • JEK717
    JEK717 Posts: 1,497
    Options
    Carrots - CHECK!

I found one on allrecipes.com. There are a few on there, I'm using this one: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/ambrosia-fruit-salad/Detail.aspx

Though the comments suggest cutting the spices in half. I'm going to do that.

My step mom loves that site.
  • skinnyhopes
    skinnyhopes Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yum, that seems so good.
    Bring veggies with dip :)
  • savannahgro
    savannahgro Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    There are low cal, no fat veggie dips out there. I just bought one that is southwest ranch that makes me super happy.
    Snap peas are also a good option. Same crunch as chips and you can eat them without the guilt (especially with that dip!)