Zumba logging?

Options
How do you log your zumba time on this site? It's not in the database. And why not? When so many people like to get Zumba fit? Just wanting to get that figured out so when I go enjoy some Zumba fun I can log it. Thanks! =]

Replies

• ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I log it as high impact aerobics! since it gets my booty moving!!! It's a good question as far as why it's not on here!
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    ud just log like moderate dance, i do, if u hard core it then add that etc, i intend to buy a heart rate monitor so i can log in my calories so its accurate
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    personally i do 10 calories a minute. to be exact you need to get a hrm. obviously it depends on how much you weigh and how hard you work out, but i do 10 calories.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,274 Member
    Options
    I just use the dance, one and I do not think it is too good. I have seen logs for Zumba with much higher calorie burns than it and I wonder if they are from a HRM. I haven't been able to invest in one yet. Hope you get a good answer.
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    Options
    You can create your own exercise. That's what I decided to do. If you wear a heart rate monitor, you can log your actual calories burned. Zumba instructors claim you burn up to 800 calories per hour. I have found this to be a little exaggerated as I burn approximately 550 calories per hour myself. If you don't wear a heart rate monitor, I have seen others that log it as high-impact aerobics (I think).
  • L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was just trying to find how to log it when I finished my Zumba work out...LOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!

I looked it up online and it appears that it burns between 400 - 600 calories per hour depending on intensity.
  • Ejunker
    Ejunker Posts: 1
    Options
    I just created a zumba option, but it was for '30 min' at medium intensity, I burned approx 350 calories. You can create a new option, with the time and calories you burned.
  • TanicaShante
    TanicaShante Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering this exact thing myself however now I have been logging it as high-impact aerobics. :)
  • StephanieDuckie
    Options
    All great points! Thank you, everyone! =]
  • daniellescsu
    daniellescsu Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I log it as high impact aerobics! since it gets my booty moving!!! It's a good question as far as why it's not on here!

Same here. 60 minutes of this gives a medium range of what I looked up online for average calories burned during Zumba. As far as exercise logging....MFP is really whack....hardly and options.