Hello All!

Options
Hi there,

I recently discovered this place by downloading the app on my phone. I LOVE it!! I'm 29 and ready to get back in shape. I've gained 35lbs over the last year due mostly to quitting smoking and going on birth control. Some of it, sad to say, is what I'm dubbing relationship "happy weight." That weight you put on when you are blissfully with someone who doesn't care a lick about how much you weigh. Time to get myself back and then some! I've always been a bit on the chubby side and I'm done. I want to be fit and healthy and strong. And look darn good on the beach when I visit my family in California, lol.

My current weight: 195
Lowest ever was 162
Goal: 145, being able to run with my huskies, and look amazing on my wedding day!

Replies

• Armymom44
    Armymom44 Posts: 76
    Options
    You can do it need some modivation I am here if you need it have a great day it all worth the hard work people call me crazy because I work out 6 days a week thats ok I am happy and healthy what are you doing to exersice ?
  • jamiek89
    jamiek89 Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome! Youve definately come to the right place! Good luck on your journey! :)
  • nasansotta
    nasansotta Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome take a day at a time and you could do it :)
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on quitting smoking! Do you have a date for your wedding (my wedding was the best motivation I've ever had to get fit--especially after I found my dress!)? Feel free to add me as a friend--accountability and connections can be important parts of losing weight.
    - LP
  • kdonkin
    kdonkin Posts: 10
    Options
    You can do it need some modivation I am here if you need it have a great day it all worth the hard work people call me crazy because I work out 6 days a week thats ok I am happy and healthy what are you doing to exersice ?

Right now I'm struggling with wanting to do more than my body will allow. I work in retail and I'm on my feet all day, and usually come home aching. This is actually part of why I want to get in shape...to make it easier to get through the day! Soooo....I walk my dogs for about 30 mins 3-4 times a week, and have started doing Your Shape Fitness for the Xbox Kinect which is REALLY kicking my butt. I'm sore even after the cardio aerobics stuff, so I know I have a long road ahead of me. Right now I can do about 12-16 minutes every other day, and hopefully in a week or two my legs will stop hurting. GEEZ I'm out of shape.
  • kdonkin
    kdonkin Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you everyone for such a warm welcome! No concrete date for the wedding but we do plan on it being next year. Our families live on opposite sides of the country. Not looking forward to the logistics of that. HA!
  • warrenpeace23
    Options
    Easy does it and one day at a time. WELCOME and this program is really fun. I can't wait to get up every day and log in all my stuff!!! Wanna be friends?:smile: