Easter Sunday!

Options
avninjalette123
avninjalette123 Posts: 129 Member
Just curious.....who's going to not eat any candy or junk food. Who's going to eat it....if you are, are you going to log it or take the day off? =]

Replies

• Soccerstar19
    Options
    I'm going to log it all but I've already made a promise to myself that I won't get depressed if I go over. I mean it's Easter after all so I should enjoy the day right?
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    if i eat it, i'm going to try to log it because i log everything...but our family isn't having a big thing so i'm not too worried about it. If i have some stuff though, i'm definitely NOT stressing about it. :-) It's the Lord's day and a day of rest! :-)
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'm going to limit my consumption of candy, but I'll have some. Planning on enjoying a little more food than normal but not going to over due it. I'm also planning on doing some yard work, washing the cars, etc. so I'll burn some calories before the feast.
  • coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    I will probably eat it. It's a holiday! And we all need a little break :3
  • funauntsherry
    funauntsherry Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    some dark chocolate and some strawberry shortcake will be had and will be logged :)
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    no candy entering this house......only the SKinny Bunny visits here.

Happy Easter
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    We have a very healthy meal planned...I bought very little candy. Hoping to have a normal day. Mostly :bigsmile:
  • cem2168
    cem2168 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    no cheating for me! I actually really don't like to eat candy anymore or chocolate.
  • mytime60
    mytime60 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Will have some, and I will log it. I'm more worried about Easter dinner Ham, Cheesey Potatoes, probably green bean casserole, and Cole Slaw. I have been watching my sodium as much as my calories, and tomorrow's dinner is a salt killer.
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I won't eat candy. That is not something that tempted me all that much before I started dieting. We will be having stuffed flank steak for dinner, so I'm saving my calories!
  • ftoddw
    ftoddw Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I think having a cheat day, or at least a cheat meal once a week is helpful - so I've been saving up for tomorrow - it all gets logged, and if I'm over, I'm over. Occasional spike days (high calorie days) actually seem to keep the metabolic furnace running in high gear. So have a happy Easter!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I take off one day a week from logging so it will be tomorrow for me, but I will still try to be careful and no go all out!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    i'm not eating any. Just another day in paradise for me!
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    biscuits and egg gravy, don't want the sweets
  • CelticDragon
    CelticDragon Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    no kids = no candy. I did, however, just make a fresh coconut cake and you can bet I'll have a slice. But I'll log it. The rest of the meal's pretty sensible and I'm not a big eater anyway, so I'll be alright. It will be particularly easy to refrain from over indulgence as I'm not a fan of red meat and we're having prime rib.

Happy Easter! :flowerforyou:
  • bjunkins
    bjunkins Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm going to get in a lot of exercise Sunday morning and afternoon until about 3 pm and then all bets are off.
    Not into sweets but I have to be aware of portion size.
  • crystalDRA
    crystalDRA Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try to stay away from it, but if i do eat any i will definately log it because I need to visually see the effects to keep myself in check :)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    We're going to a brunch tomorrow, so I'm going to log it all but try to stay as healthy as possible.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I don't eat candy either, not a big thing for me. I prefer to save my calories for a glass of white zinfandel. :drinker:

We wil bbq short ribs, flank steak and chicken, with baked sweet potatoes, and I am making a fresh broccoli and corn cacerole with low sodium cream chicken for my family. I am planning to have little of it but I will enjoy my meat. Fruit for desert and some cookies for the grandchildren.

I will log everything even if I go over.

Happy Easter everyone!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    I am not worried about the candy. Its the big family meal I am worried about. Mom in law is cooking so I don't know exactly how everything is being prepared. I know there will be both ham and turkey plus deviled eggs and mashed potatoes. Not to mention dessert. We are eating at 3 so I am planning to eat a big salad at lunch just to hold me past my normal meal time. And I shouldnt really need much of a dinner due to the timing. Hopefully will get a workout in, at least a bike ride. This is the first big family gathering since I started really trying to lose weight so I am anxious to see how I handle it.